cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Stated broadband not reached including guaranteed speed

Go to solution

I recently made a move from Halo2 Fibre 100 to Halo3 Fibre 250

I live approx 80yards from superfast box, the router is BT smart hub 2 with a BT disc which i currently wired directly into my pc, my pc is located in a summer house, approx 25ft away from router, on Wifi i have a full signal from the router and disc.

I have carried a broadband availability checker which confirms 330mbps down and 30mbps up, on Fibre 100 i regularly received as quoted by BT sometimes more.

With Fibre 250 I have never achieved the lowest quoted speed i only receive from 80 to 130 max.

I have carried out multiple BT wholesale checks and i barely get 110 on average but occasionally i do reach the minimum rated at 150 but its not what i expect.

I started a complaint at the start of March were engineer visits arranged but i never receive any updates on progress...This does upset me!! I have been a BT customer for years and would appreciate a call or text to inform me on whats been done...come on BT.  

So i checked on my BT track complaint and it stated that i have a problem please call...

I talked to a nice chap who could see of my fault ( i had just received my BT £20 gift card that morning) he understood what i had been through he checked my speed into the house and confirmed at that moment i was getting 150mbps and said that i am receiving the minimum everything is good...Ok to him but not to me, i would expect that if i was living in a block of flats not 80yards from the box!

That just left me feeling very frustrated, i am not stupid. 

I game online and i have noticed that i get a lot of lag even though my FPS is around 200-300 didn't get that with fiber 100!

JBale57_0-1619093759215.png

I hope you can help

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Stated broadband not reached including guaranteed speed

Go to solution

Can you post the connection stats from the hub. Advanced settings/technical log/information.

Can you confirm your set up. Is it wireless from hub to disc then wired to PC?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Will do  that thanks.

Can confirm wireless from hub to disk then wired into pc is current set up...but i have used wireless hub to disk then wireless adaptor which gave same results?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

You were getting 330M down and 50M up on the 10th Feb

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
No not to my hub...max i have seen on Bt wholesale is 220 but it fluctuates below 80 never 330... max up i get is 29 maybe 30 that I can confirm is steady.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Well the checker shows the figures received by the hub as 330/50 

The speeds guaranteed by BT are sync speeds, not download speeds. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Data as requested

Tested wholesale twice at 18:35

JBale57_1-1619199326718.png

JBale57_2-1619199405224.png

JBale57_3-1619199464817.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks i understand, i haven't seen that speed when testing wholesale

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
thanks for your info... interesting why don't they mention that when promoting the product?
when i had the Openreach engineer switch the line he stated i have 360mps but i tested the line and it was 160 he told me the lines would settle, but i remember he said i wont matter anyway?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

There's something massively wrong with your line. You are not getting anything like the speed you should be getting and were getting back in February. You need to get an engineer visit.

0 Ratings