Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L1NHH
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Stay Fast Guarantee A Month Below Speed

17th october.jpg

My line has been below the guarantee for a month now.

As you can see from the wholesale test only showing 19 usually holds a speed of around 25.

I have done all the usual testing quiet line unplug reboot etc. but nothing is helping.

Could someone please either give advice or a moderator (engineer) come to my assistance.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Stay Fast Guarantee A Month Below Speed

there is another similar post here which may help  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Stayfast-quick-question-s/m-p/1976333#M294293

Basically the stayfast guarantee is on connection speed to the hub not your download speed which is something different

you need to check your actual connection speed in your hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L1NHH
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Thank You for the reply. I had a look at the thread you linked to.

Yes seems to be the same issue. So you and NeilO the moderator mention MYBT test which supposedly does a test to the hub well I have just done that and the speed with that test is also below. 20.2

attached capture.

my bt test 20.2.jpg

I have an old hub with the white modem as never been offered a replacement with all the times I have renewed my contract with BT so not able to go into in-depth info that the newer hubs give.

Perhaps I should put a link in the other post to show that person there are similar issues going on with others.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

As posted on the other thread, the MYBT tests do not show sync speed, they show download speed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

as @licquorice  posted in message 15 of that thread the MYBT app is not showing connection speed as it should but download speed which is not guaranteed  hence why mod @NeilO is looking into the discrepancy

all your stats are held by the modem unless you have unlocked it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L1NHH
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Again thanks to you both for the info.

So my white modem is not unlocked so cannot see what info it keeps hidden away.

All I know is that the email I received in May 2019 from bt saying what speeds to expect and what the guarantee speed was I am not getting as things are definitely slower opening even this forum

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

enter your phone number and post the results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

the days of being offered a new hub when you renew your contract are long gone.  if you wanted to upgrade to a newer hub version then it is up to you to add that as part of your negotiations when renewing your contract

If your existing hub should go faulty then it will be replaced by a new hub/modem combined and existing modem will no longer be required

referring to post on other thread - you have no idea if your speed is within expected range as you cannot see the connection speed in the hub

L1NHH
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Yes I know now that I have no idea of the exact speed is, as the modem is locked but when using the internet on a regular daily basis as I do you know when something is not right. Also speed tests that you also say are no good show that they have dropped considerably in the last month from approx. 25Mbps down to as I showed 19. So something somewhere is amiss.

Here is the adsl checker

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

As you can see from the checker, it has measured your sync speed at 22.4 which is below your guaranteed speed.

Have you actually reported the fault and had an engineer visit?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

are you using test socket with filter to see if that helps speed?

have you checked to see if any noise on your phone line  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone  any noise is a problem and should be reported to 151 as phone fault

0 Ratings