cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Stay Fast Guarantee claim

How do I claim against my stay fast guarantee at this time? I have given up hanging on phone lines for 20-30 mins only then to be cut off, I’ve given up trying to use the chat service which clearly is not being supported by BT at this time. I have reported issues with line speed since early in 2020 and all that keeps happening is a fault is logged, left open for a month then closed. I’m sick to the back teeth of the poor speed I am getting and no willingness from BT to accept there is an issue. When I started on FTTC over 5 years ago, I was getting 20+ mb now I’m lucky to get 13-14mb against a stay fast guarantee of 19mb.  If someone from BT reads this, please do contact me. I need some support as with myself and my wife trying to work from home (my wife is a key worker) and two kids, a 13mb connection is not cutting the mustard, yet you are still more than happy to charge me £35+ per month. Either stand by your sfg or let me walk away and get hopefully a better service or at least cheaper from someone else. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Stay Fast Guarantee claim

You will not be contacted by BT via this customer to customer forum.

The stay fast guarantee is subject to conditions before BT will honour it.

"Stay Fast Guarantee

We guarantee the speed to your hub. Check your speed using the MyBT app, online or by calling 0800 800 150. If after 90 days we can’t get you back to the speed we promised we’ll give you a £20 Reward Card. Up to four claims a year. Excludes outages, connection faults and home wiring outside of BT’s control"

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-bt-s-stay-fast-guarantee-

If you feel that all the conditions have been met you should contact BT and request that they honour the guarantee.

If you do leave BT for another ISP keep in mind that the new ISP will be using the same lines so if it is a line fault that is causing the problem the fault will still be there with the new ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

if you want some assistance from forum members then

can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

This is crazy then. BT won’t answer the phone, have no chat bot and point everyone to their community pages. I am fully aware of the challenges of going to another supplier as clearly there is an issue on my line, but what I shouldn’t have to put up with is shoddy client service and no way to raise complaints . I’ll tap them up publicly on twitter or Facebook to see if that gets me some contact. 
BTW I’m fully capable technically and know that the issue is on the line, not in my premises. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

no problem - choice is yours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Did you post on the forum just to have a rant or were you wanting some help to resolve your problem? If it is to resolve the problem you need to post the information that was requested.

If you don't want to do that there is nothing further that can be done to assist you other than to advise you to make a complaint to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

63987AD8-5595-43A7-87C2-47A801A41645.png

It may come across as a rant, and I apologise, I am just somewhat frustrated that at this time where such a large pc of the population is at home, I have been unable to get some help from them via multiple methods that they recommend. Over the past months I’ve been through the help desk, logged line faults, engineers reportedly have investigated but clearly have been unable to resolve my line speed. so going back to my main issue- how can I log a claim against my speed guarantee when BT clearly hasn’t got the infrastructure in place to allow me to..if anyone can point me to anywhere that this is possible via I would be Interested. Direct to my hub I have only ever managed a 14-15mb line connection. I monitor this regular at the hub, I also am familiar with the Bt wholesale site. At home I always line speed test over a wired cable to my pc and generally can see I’m only losing 1mb hub to pc  despite the length of cable from hub to pc. So all good there. It’s the speed to the hub. What gripes me a little further is now when I execute a BT line speed test it sayS 13mb—all good.. erm no. How can that be ok when I started with 20+,  have a guaranteed line speed of 17 and am getting 14-15 on a good day. I appreciate all your good will and support, but as BT pushes people to this community I was hoping they may monitor it and get back to me. Oh well. Back to the phone again I guess.  And for those interested. You can see why BT were hedging with a sfg of 17mb in the attached. If I could get even that I would be happy, but 13 is too far below 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I understand your frustration. This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

Having said that, I would suggest that you provide the information requested and I'm sure somebody will be able to assist you in resolving your problem or at the very least they will be able to arm you with information to take back to BT to bolster your claim under the SFG and or if you decide to leave BT during your contract.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Looking at the dslchecker results you posted it shows you had a connection speed of just over 17mb yesterday  just below bottom of expected speed range but above handback speed

hub/router stats would be helpful 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

That was in April I think (unless I’m reading it wrong 18 April) Just had a call from BT :-). Waiting to speak to an engineer. Wish me luck, thanks and stay safe .

0 Ratings