cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Stayfast Guarantee

As shown in the screenshot below, my current package is said to have a download speed of 81-90 Mbps, but a stayfast guarantee of 100Mbps. On the face of it this is a nonsense, or am I misunderstanding it?

Current Package.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Stayfast Guarantee

The guarantee is for connection speed not download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

@northshields something definitely doesn't tally up

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@NigelB72  Yes, those that don't know the difference between download speed and sync (connection) speed.

Message 5 of 8

So how is Joe Public supposed to know that when the 100M figure is next to figures that are annotated Download Speed? Very poor graphic.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I agree. But what do you expect from BT marketing dept?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Although I agree it could have been set out differently it is obvious as  @northshields  @NigelB72  posted that something looks odd with the numbers then selecting the 'stay fast guaranteee' link would provide an explanation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I think that the stayfast guarantee refers to the speed to the hub, so that the figures in the graphic are, at least, comparing like with like. That much seems clear from this page

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-bt-s-stay-fast-guarantee-

0 Ratings