Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 30

Re: Stayfast quick question(s)

@alan_mc wrote:

so whats this all about then ?

"We guarantee the speed to your hub. "

exactly what I posted - BT guarantee speed to the hub not speed when downloading/streaming

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 12 of 30

thats my point, this is straight from the BT site so its contradictory and confusing.  how many unnecessary calls will they get about slow speeds that are not actually slow and are syncing at the proper rate as people are using the tools they are being directed towards

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify the speed test in the diagnostics section of  MyBT will measure the speed to the Hub. Also if you're speaking to the helpdesk a link is sent to the customer for the same test and the results write back into our diagnostics systems.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 30

@NeilO 

Sorry, but I have just run the speed test using the MYBT app and it doesn't show the sync speed, the graphic shows as being 'speed to your hub' but it isn't, its download speed.

Message 15 of 30

Hi Everyone, 

I'm seeking some advice on this and will post back when I know more.

Cheers

Neil

L1NHH
Contributor
Message 16 of 30

my thread

It seems that I am having a similar issue unfortunately my hub is old with the white modem that is not unlocked so no access to the information.

All I know is that I am not getting the speeds that were sent in the email when the contract was renewed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 30

@L1NHH wrote:

my thread

It seems that I am having a similar issue unfortunately my hub is old with the white modem that is not unlocked so no access to the information.

All I know is that I am not getting the speeds that were sent in the email when the contract was renewed.

No, I'm afraid you don't know that at all. Without seeing the line stats from the modem you have no idea what your sync speed is.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 30

Hi

Not hijacking, just curious about “locked”modems in this context. I’ve been using the Openreach modem with HH5 for eons, and have always understood that hub settings tucked securely in modem. Is there a way of unlocking to access these?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

Extremely simple if an Huawei HG612, very difficult if an ECI modem.

https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 30

Re: Stayfast quick question(s)c

Depend on which modem you have

just google unlocking modem and you will get instructions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings