cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 21 of 30

Re: Stayfast quick question(s)

Yes, remove the modem and check the stats in the hub.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 30

Re: Stayfast quick question(s)c

Thanks. Good news - I have the Huawei.  Bad news - what a palaver.  May I ask:

1. When I connect pc directly to LAN 2, do I leave existing Ethernet connection in place?

2. How does one “configure the Ethernet NIC of the pc with 192.168.1.100?

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 30

@Longshanks 

be better with own thread instead of high jacking this one

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

Hi All,

Thank you for posting I’m sorry if there has been a bit of confusion around the BT Stay Fast Guarantee.

The BT Stayfast guarantee is guaranteeing the throughput speed to your Hub. Our speed tester runs within the BT Home Hub itself.

We use throughput speed for the guarantee as this is the speed at which you can actually send and receive data.

We run the speed tester from within the Home Hub. When you click speed test on the App or online we are sending a request to the Hub to run a test. The results are then reported back to be displayed in the App or online. Testing from the Hub gives a reliable consistent point for us to test from which is not affected by in-home connectivity, wifi, the device used etc.

We only guarantee to the Hub and not the devices around the home.

You can find out more here –

What is BT's Stay Fast Guarantee

I'm not getting the expected minimum broadband speed

I hope that helps?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 30

Apologies. Not intention to hijack. Not my style.

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 26 of 30

Thanks paddy.  So the bt app test should always be at or above stayfast speed regardless of what you are doing on your devices, correct ?  As you say, it's only measuring speed to the hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 30

If I understand it correctly, although it is measuring speed at the hub it is not measuring sync speed, it is measuring throughput speed in which case it will be affected by any internet activity on connected devices. All it is doing is removing any effect of your internal wiring or WiFi has on throughput speed.

Message 28 of 30

Hi @alan_mc,

What @licquorice has posted is correct.

The Speed Test is run in the hub itself and measures the throughput speed to the Hub. If you have any other devices connected and using the internet at the same time as running that test, this it will have a negative impact on the result.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 30

@PaddyB 

like @licquorice  I ran the 'test your speed' in the new MYBT app and can confirm that it does NOT show connection speed but it shows download/throughput speed.  This is obviously causing problems with stayfast as that only guarantees connection speed at hub not download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Hi @imjolly,

The Stay Fast Guarantee covers the Throughput speed to the Hub.

You can find out more here - Stay Fast Guarantee

"The Stay Fast Guarantee refers to the speed from the network to your BT Hub. It doesn't cover the speed you receive from the Hub to devices in your home.

We check the throughput speed to your Hub - the speed at which you can actually send and receive data. It's what you experience at home when using your broadband connection."

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings