Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bazbar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Still no speed boost ???

Go to solution

I am very new to this and wondering if anybody can help with this possible problem.

I was emailed by BT back in October to say i would be getting a speed boost of up to 76 and i would be emailed when this was done. Well i have had no email or speed boost,i contacted the online chat and they did not know anything about it. I then called BT to say that i had not had the boost,but according to customer services i had already had the boost,i did query this and then i was pass to another department who said also that i had already had the boost.

I have posted my stats here. Any advice would be grateful.

ADSL Checker 10.01.18.jpg

smart hub and bt speed 10.01.18.jpg bt speed test 2 10.01.18.jpg

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Still no speed boost ???

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

The images you have posted are unreadable, you need to repost them as larger images. Select "full size" from the editor image menu.

Thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Your screen prints are too blurred to read however I think that I can see your speed test is showing that your Up IP profile is 10Mbps which would indicate that you have not had any speed boost. If you had it would be showing 20Mbps.

0 Ratings
Bazbar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

I have reattached the screen shots.  Hope these are better.

ADSL Checker 10.01.18 v2.JPG

Smart Hub 10.01.18 v2.JPG

BT Speed 10.01.18 v2.JPG

BT Speed Test 2 10.01.18 v2.JPG

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

That confirms you haven't received the spped boost.

0 Ratings
Bazbar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Have spent the last 20 minutes on the phone to customer services,for them to say that i was not eligible for the speed boost due to not taking up the offer within the 30 day period.Could not seem to get into their heads that this was a free speed boost,that infinity 1 customers were getting even mentioning that on the BTcare community other customers were getting the boost. could not seem to get a straight answer of yes i can get the boost or no i could not, all very frustrating.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

You as a customer did not need to do anything to get the speed boost provided that your line etc fitted into the criteria.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

StuartH
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Bazbar

Sorry you haven't had your speed boost, I'll have this looked into for you to find out what's happening.

Please send us over your details using the contact the mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

Bazbar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks Stuart.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

From your stats any boost will have little affect on your down connection speed looking at the max attainable speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.