cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution
Thats alarming that BT ask you to run that because it says - BT Wholesale will not accept any line speed faults from Communications Providers based on the output of this Beta Speed Tester.
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Carvell

I just tried the BT BETA as you said above!

I got the same result as you  35mb !! but as you said all the other speed test just give me 20-26mb .

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Carvell

Yes I think we both got the same problem on our Infinity or maybe the same reason too.

Hope the Engineer will sort it out for you on Friday and then you know what's wrong and able to post it for me : )

with thanks

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 14 of 203

Go to solution
I have the same speed issue as well, an engineer is coming out tomorrow as arranged by the mods. I'll be interested to here more about the theory of either the anti virus or BT capping the speed. Can anyone answer as to why that would happen?? Out of interest, anyone with the 20mps issue have any upload issue?? Mine is maxed out at 8mps
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Jedi118

Can you please update what's your engineer says when he came tomorrow so Carvell can mention it to his Engineer on friday if your is sorted. 

to be honest do anti -virus capped the internet speed? I am using Norton security . what you and Carvell used?

so we can see if it the problem

with thanks

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Jedi118

Sorry forgot to mention I got no problem with my upload speed. normally I am gettin around 8-9mb . I am happy with it.

with thanks

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 17 of 203

Go to solution
Hi guys, I have norton installed on my pc,all up to date. Well it sound like the upload speed is as per bts quote so it's just the download speed. Ps all my tests are on a wired computer. I will add that any wireless test I made gave me a 20 mps dl speed as well.
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Jedi188

My Norton is up to date too. also as all my test done on wired too . I got the same result as you got on Wireless test too 20mb !!!!!!

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 19 of 203

Go to solution
I will add that this is the 2nd engineer visit, the last guy was hopeless, though he did make it perfectly clears line was capable of 40/10 but did not know how to sort it. He ended up leaving!!! One final point is that my master socket test did yield a 40/10 result so the issue (IMO) could be between the socket to the hub??
0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 20 of 203

Go to solution
Do you think it's worth uninstalling norton?
0 Ratings