Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carvell
Contributor
Message 31 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution
Forgot to add - my upload is full speed, as per both of yours. Greater than 8Mb.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 203

Go to solution

@kitkat388 wrote:

Hi Everyone......

I had tried everythings I could think of trying to boost my Connection to around 40mb which I was promised when my Infinity is installing my average speed still around 20mb . its dosen't matter what time of day its till 20mb""""

I connected with ethernet cable and got all my other device switch off when I doing the bt speed test.

I am also thinking of upgrading to 80/20 but will this boost my speed too? coz I am not getting anything near my 40/10 at the moment? !

are they any one out there got the same situation as me and got managed to boost their speed upto full?

or any advise will help and very appreciate it..

with lots of thanks .

Hi.

This thread has seemed to indicate that the speed test has given you a figure of 20Mb/s, and the beta one 35Mb/s

What about actual downloads in case the speed test is giving wrong figures ?

Somewhere like MS XP SP3 is large enough to show the speed :-

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24

Download and choose Next if a question about other updates appears (no need to tick anything). You don't have to complete the download, but certainly wait for a few seconds to see the speed.

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 33 of 203

Go to solution
Hi
The beta gives me 35 mps but every single conceivable test on the net gives me 20 mps.
0 Ratings
carvell
Contributor
Message 34 of 203

Go to solution
Andy,

Thanks for posting.

SP3 downloaded at 2.1MB/s, so ~17Mbps.

I can also confirm that the speed checkers are reporting the correct speed, based on my network utilisation in task manager.

I'll post an image up here...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 203

Go to solution

@carvell wrote:
Andy,

Thanks for posting.

SP3 downloaded at 2.1MB/s, so ~17Mbps.

I can also confirm that the speed checkers are reporting the correct speed, based on my network utilisation in task manager.

I'll post an image up here...

Thanks for checking.

I was confirming in my own mind it wasn't just silly speed test results.

Definitely a system cap for some reason or other.

I'd suggest contacting the moderators on (giving them 2 or 3 days to respond as they are probably very busy) :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

requesting a check on why there appears to be a limit set on the download speed.

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 36 of 203

Go to solution
Hi any
I contacted the mods and one of them have arranged for an engineer to come tomorrow, will he be able to tell if it's capped or not??
0 Ratings
carvell
Contributor
Message 37 of 203

Go to solution

I've contacted them and they're sending an engineer out - hopefully that may have results.

See below for task manager results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 203

Go to solution

@jedi118 wrote:
Hi any
I contacted the mods and one of them have arranged for an engineer to come tomorrow, will he be able to tell if it's capped or not??

Frankly I would have thought it was some form of software cap on your connection, needing somethink like a simple reset to stop it happening.

I suppose it could be hardware based, but to me that would be more likely at the exchange rather than anything at your property.

I expect the engineer can tell if they have diagnostic equipment they can attach to your line.

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 39 of 203

Go to solution
I just hope they sort it as its a waste of my time trying to sort this out, my only worry for my appointment tomorrow is that I get the same useless engineer as I did last week.
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 203

Go to solution
Looking forward to see positive news post here , then we know if bt capped our speed or something else "
0 Ratings