Jedi188 and carvell said it all

I hink it's speed capped !
0 Ratings
BattFink
Contributor
Message 42 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

Also quite interested to hear what the engineer comes back with  as I'm suffering exactly the same symptoms (stuck at 20Mbs down, yet full upload) on my connection.

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 43 of 203

Go to solution

OK, so my engineer came out this morning and suprise suprise he could not find any fault.

My copper lines test perfect, my sync speed test perfect, BUT all speed test result in an upload of 8MPS and DL 20MPS.

He said that there was nothing they could do , he advised that they only guarantee 15MPS DL. I did advise that BT sales told me I would get between 35-38MPS DL and I also told him other residents down my street had the same issue as my self (great UP , not so great DOWN). All I got was a vague expression on his face. He said that maybe switching to the 80mps would help......we the only benifit here would be to BT's pocket. And anyhow he could not guarantee the speed when I switch to this option.

He could not help any further, the last bit of advise he gave me was to maybe buy a new PC as he thought the hardware could slow it?? My PC is only 8 months old and its pretty quick so that option is out of the window.

So in a nut shell, 2 engineers later and still no further foward with no idea if I should carry on with this or just acceept the speed as it is.

Pretty miffed.

0 Ratings
carvell
Contributor
Message 44 of 203

Go to solution
This just confirms really that it's nothing to do with the line, or our hardware. The fact that we all get full speed on the BETA speed test but 20Mb max on anything else confirms that our hardware is fine and the line is fine.

We've definitely been capped.

Someone, somewhere at BT will know the reason why and how to remove it, but we haven't found that person yet.

Why noone else at BT seems to know or be aware of it is beyond me, especially given that more and more people are coming out of the woodwork to say that they have the same problem.
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Carvell

Yes. I think we been capped too. but what is the reason Bt capped our speed ?!

I used almost 200gb data per month !! maybe coz I used lots of data so they capped me???

Do you or JEDI188 use alot of data and what method u used to downloading? 

Just want to see if it the reason we got capped by BT!!!

0 Ratings
BattFink
Contributor
Message 46 of 203

Go to solution

If it's any help I've had Infinity since January, on both month's I've never exceeded 50GB, don't use p2p etc.. yet am stuck on 8-20Mb/s download

I'm syncing with the cabinet at maximum speed, my IP profile is as high as it can be 38.7Mb/s, I'm starting to wonder if the exchange (Burgess Hill) has the capacity to support Infinity or whether it's congestion on the BT network

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 47 of 203

Go to solution
I disconnected my servers for 24 hours and left the HH3 synced at full speed. I reconnected the servers and it's fine now, but it may be just a coincidence.
0 Ratings
carvell
Contributor
Message 48 of 203

Go to solution
Battfink, can you try the BT BETA speed test and see what that says? The button says "Above 24Mbps BETA Test" or something like that.

If that also comes back slow then you probably have a different problem to us.

If it comes back at around 35Mb then it's the same problem.
0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 49 of 203

Go to solution

I do use a lot of data a month, I generally DL about 5-6 PS3 demos a month which are about 2GB, a good 5 movies from I Tunes a month plus a free movie from I tunes every week. Plus I stream a lot from Iplayer and other on demand services.

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 203

Go to solution

Hi ....

I normally download two to three HD Iplayer Programme which is about 2GB each , play online games, streaming TV. Videotalk with other relative at other countries. lots of datas used!

Also download lots of apps for my ipod and video from I tunes too.

0 Ratings