Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

hi Carvel

Let's see what your engineer going to says on Friday. Hopefully he is the one in the big forest able to answer our big Questions of our speed.

Please don't hesitant to post if it postive or negative news from that engineer visit.

thanks

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Jedi188

Thanks for your post about the engineer visit this morning. unfortunetly he is not theone able to answer our question!!!

Let's hope Carvel friday Engineer visit is the person able to answer our question and give our a solution!

0 Ratings
carvell
Contributor
Message 53 of 203

Go to solution
Unfortunately I am of the opinion that it's out of the engineer's hands.

As far as they are concerned, the line is working fine and there are no fualts, which is probably true.

The problem is with the speed cap that is being applied. It would appear that neither they (nor anyone) can shed any light on that.

I've contacted the mods regarding the issue so hopefully they'll be able to do some digging at BT HQ.
0 Ratings
BattFink
Contributor
Message 54 of 203

Go to solution

@carvell wrote:
Battfink, can you try the BT BETA speed test and see what that says? The button says "Above 24Mbps BETA Test" or something like that.

I normally get 35 (very occasionally get 37ish) on the beta speedtester as well, so it looks like the same problem

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 203

Go to solution

Hi Carvel

Let us know what the mods says about the issue we all thinking ( speed capped).

Once you post what the Mod said , I got one thing in my mind we may able to try at the very end if no one else can help.

I not sure if it work and its costly. so really don't want to try it till the end.

thanks

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 56 of 203

Go to solution
pre tell .....come on , spill the beans
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 57 of 203

Go to solution

A lot of people in B.T Infinity is having problems with the B.T Speedtester.

Maybe a MOD could escalate this somehow to see if there really is a problem with customers BB or the Speedtester itself.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
BattFink
Contributor
Message 58 of 203

Go to solution

@Aarong wrote:

A lot of people in B.T Infinity is having problems with the B.T Speedtester.

Maybe a MOD could escalate this somehow to see if there really is a problem with customers BB or the Speedtester itself.

It's not an issue with the speedtester (although it does appear to be lying), it's an issue with the ACTUAL the real world throughput of the line, it's capped at 20 odd Mb/s, time of day doesn't appear to matter, the router isn't an issue as I've tried this directly connected to the modem & tried different routers (Draytek 2850).

(I know it's not the other end as I've tried pulling a file off my works private FTP server which is on a 1Gb/s line)

Modem is synching to the cabinet at 140,000ish kb/s

I've exhausted all local testing that can be done, it appears there is a problem upstream. Now it appears there are mulitple people with exactly the same problem...

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 59 of 203

Go to solution

.....and its an issue that seems to not be getting an answer!

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 60 of 203

Go to solution

More than one person getting a similar speed issue doesn't necessarily mean it's the exact same problem, especially if you're all in different areas. For us to work out what's going on we'll need your details, so if you haven't already done so please fill out our contact form and we can see what's what with each of your lines. Please try to include the results of a BT speedtest ran today on a computer directly connected to your Homehub via an ethernet cable (i.e. no powerline adapters or switches or other networking equipment) as well to speed up things a bit.

*edit* if you can confirm whether or not the issue exists on more than one computer it will also help.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings