cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
486 Views
Message 61 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution
If it's not an issue with the speedtester, many people only have issues with the B.T Speedtester itself in comparison to other speed testing websites, surely it's not coincidental no?

Either way, thorughput or not, it should definitely be investigated to take it out of the cancellation process.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Reply
jedi118
Contributor
482 Views
Message 62 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

Hi Dean

 

Just to let you know that 2 of us here are within the same street with the same issue...such a small world!! I have been emailing Chris (MOD) so he does have my details. I will add that BT sales did guarantee 38MPS speed when I ordered so to only get 20MPS seems like the service was mis sold?? Talk talk customers around the corner are not having this issue. My friend has fibre with talk talk and gets 38MPS, he is coming from the same cab and is roughly the same distance.

Hope this helps.

 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Reply
D-ave
Expert
481 Views
Message 63 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

@Aarong wrote:

A lot of people in B.T Infinity is having problems with the B.T Speedtester.

Maybe a MOD could escalate this somehow to see if there really is a problem with customers BB or the Speedtester itself.


The BT Speedtester (diagnostics) is unreliable and usually reports well below  my true download speeds, at all times of day and night. 32Mbps is typical in recent days, though it was fine say 2 weeks ago.  But now, it is broken.

 

However the "above 24Mbps Speedtest (beta)" works fine for me. Also, browsers matter! Here are my current d/l speeds using that one, as reported within the last half hour:

 

Best 38.67 Google Chrome (all tests were above 38 Mbs).

Best 37.99 Firefox (none were above 38Mbps and never have been)

Best 37.98 Safari

Best 37.86 Opera

Best 37.77 IE 8.

 

Best I've ever had from Speedtest.net (on Firefox) is 37.82 Mbps.

0 Ratings
Reply
Guru
473 Views
Message 64 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution
Yea i find google chrome to be the most reliable for the moment.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Reply
Moderator-Retired
457 Views
Message 65 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

@jedi118 wrote:

Hi Dean

 

Just to let you know that 2 of us here are within the same street with the same issue...such a small world!! I have been emailing Chris (MOD) so he does have my details. I will add that BT sales did guarantee 38MPS speed when I ordered so to only get 20MPS seems like the service was mis sold?? Talk talk customers around the corner are not having this issue. My friend has fibre with talk talk and gets 38MPS, he is coming from the same cab and is roughly the same distance.

Hope this helps.

 

Cheers


No worries. I can see the emails in our inbox that Chris has been dealing with so I'll speak to him tomorrow when he's back in.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
jedi118
Contributor
452 Views
Message 66 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

Cheers Dean,

 

Out of interest, would a PC really hamper the speed? The engineer said that some PC's would not process the speed quick enough? I dont want to doubt him as he is an expert but I fail to see how this could be true? Surely if this is the case then it may be worth pointing this out to potential new customers. If its not true then I can gladly ignore the engineers advise of getting a new PC!

 

Thanks and I hope we can get it sorted out.

0 Ratings
Reply
Guru
444 Views
Message 67 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution
It could possibly, depends on the software/hardware of the P.C and processing power etc. What is your current P.C?

Also, your Internet security can affect speedtests as well,

On the bottom of the BB checker it does state that your speed could also be affected by your P.C/Laptop or whatever you use.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Reply
Moderator-Retired
440 Views
Message 68 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

 


@jedi118 wrote:

Cheers Dean,

 

Out of interest, would a PC really hamper the speed? The engineer said that some PC's would not process the speed quick enough? I dont want to doubt him as he is an expert but I fail to see how this could be true? Surely if this is the case then it may be worth pointing this out to potential new customers. If its not true then I can gladly ignore the engineers advise of getting a new PC!

 

Thanks and I hope we can get it sorted out.


It can sometimes. There have been plenty of threads on here recently where antivirus suites have caused havoc with speedtest results for example - there are many other things that can mess about with them though.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
jedi118
Contributor
438 Views
Message 69 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution
Its an advent PC, its only 8 months old with a pentium duel core. Its **bleep** quick, it runs full HD movies fine, photo shop fine and pro tools fine. My anti virus is Norton.
One other thing I will add to this situation is that my wifi results are the same as my wired speed results.
0 Ratings
Reply
Guru
435 Views
Message 70 of 203

Re: Still not gettimg around 40mb

Go to solution

@jedi118 wrote:
Its an advent PC, its only 8 months old with a pentium duel core. Its **bleep** quick, it runs full HD movies fine, photo shop fine and pro tools fine. My anti virus is Norton.
One other thing I will add to this situation is that my wifi results are the same as my wired speed results.

8 months old! that's absolultely fine! defintely shouldn't affect anything to do with your broadband, but as Dean and myself have said, anti-virus can cause problems, you could try and temporarily stopping it just for the speedtest/s and put it back up to see if there is a difference.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Reply