Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Strange HomeHub stats

Hi

I've recently upgraded (this morning) my Infinity 1 to 2 (or whatever its called this week) and my hub is displaying some rather strange stats. The noise margin on my old infinity 1 package was 6db, previously when i had the 80mb service before it would happily sit at 3db giving me just under the max 80mb connection and a 16ish mb upload speed. The margin now seems to have jumped up to 12db. Is this just a hub error or is there likely to be something bigger at play here?

Data rate:18.775 Mbps / 48.964 Mbps

Maximum data rate:24.555 Mbps / 79.852 Mbps

Noise margin:11.3 / 12.4

Line attenuation:10.1 / 15.9

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Strange HomeHub stats

as you have changed package the DLM has been reset so you need to let connection settle and speed should return to 'normal'    if your noise margin was at 3db the suggests you had G.INP activated so might take a bit longer for that to happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Thanks

Is it likely that both the upload and download will drop slightly as this happens? Since i last had 3db I’ve returned to ads then back up to fibre (long long story) so I suppose we will see what happens.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Just maintain connection and let DLM sort out connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Thanks imjolly. Left it alone for as few days and a big improvement on data rate

DSL uptime:0 days,03 Hours43 Mins26 Secs

Data rate:19.999 Mbps / 79.999 Mbps

Maximum data rate:26.049 Mbps / 83.646 Mbps

Noise margin:15.5 / 5.5

Line attenuation:10.1 / 15.9

Signal attenuation:10.1 / 20.6

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

great connection now and no effort required

0 Ratings