cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tango2
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Strange test results

I'm on infinity 1 and had a few problems last month with my speeds, but that was fixed thanks to craig.

Anyway I've been getting 24 all day and night but I've been keeping an eye on it cos I was waiting for it to get back to 28. I noticed is was just slightly slower today so did a test and got these results. Not too bothered about it only being 22 but that test looks like it's for adsl and not infinity, never looked like this before? Is it just a blip or should I contact someone?

ip wed 30th july.jpg

It looked like this on Saturday:

ip sat 20th july.jpg

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
tango2
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Strange test results

It's now even slower, what's going on?

wed.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 10

@tango2 wrote:

I'm on infinity 1 and had a few problems last month with my speeds, but that was fixed thanks to craig.

Anyway I've been getting 24 all day and night but I've been keeping an eye on it cos I was waiting for it to get back to 28. I noticed is was just slightly slower today so did a test and got these results. Not too bothered about it only being 22 but that test looks like it's for adsl and not infinity, never looked like this before? Is it just a blip or should I contact someone?

ip wed 30th july.jpg

This looks really bad like someone has messed up your line profile.

I think you need the mods.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
tango2
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Well my original problem (nothing like this) was fixed on Mon 15th July and it has been perfect ever since.

It was slightly slower when fixed so I waited +10 days and rebooted the modem on Fri 26th July, my i.p profile went up very sightly from 24.69 to 25.03. It has remained at 25.03 up until today. How can the line profile get messed up?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 10

I bet the answer contains the word India.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
tango2
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

@legitimise_sailing wrote:
I bet the answer contains the word India.

There is no way I'm calling them.

I've checked the event logs and can't see anything in there at all. Been connected for nearly 3 days so it hasn't disconnected today.

Edit - oh you mean it will be Indias fault, wouldn't surprise me!

0 Ratings
tango2
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hmm back to normal now, but my upload should be 5 not 2.1 Other speed test results are still showing slower than normal though can be anything from 12 - 22 which is odd and it still doesn't feel rght. My ping has  also now gone up to 42.

normal.jpg

0 Ratings
tango2
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

test.jpg

0 Ratings
tango2
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

my i.p profile has now dopped again, but the modem hasn't disconnected. So frustrating, I've waited weeks for it to increase back to my 28, got back to 25.3 on Fri and now it's back down to 22 Smiley Mad

ip down.jpg

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Dont suppose your from Burton-on-Trent by any chance???. I am having very similar issues as you. I have opened a thread somewhere as you will see. I got in touch with BT and they said they did a reset on my line but mine has got worse not better, write down to 19MB as of now and I did have 25.50MB on BTWholesale checker before the bad storm, about the same time as you on the 15th July 2013 ( http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2838667896 )!. Time will tell for me hopefully!. 😞 You do notice the difference though, when you have been at speeds of 25MB and above you notice a big difference when you drop down to 19MB, the few meg difference seems to make alot of change in every way for everything to me, web pages, streaming, online gaming, P2P, just about all you notice!!!. 😞

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings