cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ageingmuso
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Street cabinet damaged so engineer can't do my upgrade.

Go to solution

I moved recently and and have an adsl connection which is slow but working OK. I out in for an upgrade to infinty 2 and was given a service start date of the 13 of March. Si far so good. However on the upgrade was due t take place the engineer rang to say that the cabinet had been damaged so he couldent do the job.  The cabinet is at an angle of 45 degrees with red tape rapped around it.  I am being quoted a new service start date of Thursday 15 of March. To be honest I can't see this happening as the cabinet is still perched at a peculiar angle at the end of the street.
Anybody know how long it takes to sort this sort of problem out? Is it going to be weeks? I do hope not.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Street cabinet damaged so engineer can't do my upgrade.

Go to solution

only openreach will know how long before fix  is your adsl connection still working or off due to cab damage?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
How long is a piece of string?
0 Ratings
ageingmuso
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

My  phone and adsl are working fine at present.  The cabinet which is damaged apprently is the fibre one.  There is a cluster of cabinets at the end of the road so is it possible that at present I am connected to a different one. Not having too much of  a clue about this stuff I wouldnt know. They are all about 200yrds  way on a roundabout. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

It could be the fibre cab and that would explain how your adsl on old pcp cab is still working

just need to watch for openreach fixing the fibre cab

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ageingmuso
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Just have to keep my fingers crossed I guess.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Which exchange are you on?

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
Sounds that it was driven into. A lot of cabinets seem to have been installed right by the kerb instead of at the back of pavements which obviously makes them more likely to be hit.
0 Ratings
ageingmuso
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

The Exchange is Bedford

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Strange, there's no damaged cabinet in the Bedford exchange area listed on the Openreach site.

0 Ratings