cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam11
Contributor
Message 1 of 51

Struggling to get landline and broadband activated

Hi, I have been back and forth with BT multiple times regarding problems getting my service activated.

Originally the openreach engineer was sent to an exchange in the wrong town, and as a result my service was not activated.

Since then, BT have cancelled my order, telling me it needs to be re-issued. This was over a week ago and still no new order.

I have been told my account has been passed to case management who will contact me but still nothing.

I was also told yesterday that I'd get a confirmation email saying my new order had been placed. Still nothing...

The thing I dont understand is the exchange my address is supposed to be linked to, is right outside my house. So close that I could almost touch it from my front gate.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, who can tell me how it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
50 REPLIES 50
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 51

Re: Struggling to get landline and broadband activated

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help   they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 51

Hi @Liam11  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are still waiting to have your services connected and that you have not received confirmation that a new order has been placed to get you in service.

I'm sure the case management team have placed the order but to be sure we will be happy to check on things for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 4 of 51

Another week goes by, still no service.

An engineer visited my home yesterday and connected me to the exchange outside my front gate. He said he had to pass the info over to planning who would get my service sorted.

Since that though I've received two texts from BT saying my order has been cancelled and will need to be re-issued.

I have a feeling the same problem will happen when the order is re-issued and that the new engineer will be sent to the wring town again.

I have had no luck getting hold of anyone at BT...again... and am still waiting on a call from them.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 51

Did you contact @JohnC2 as requested?

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 6 of 51

Yes, I have messaged him on here again regarding this issue and have had no reply

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 51

Hi @Liam11  and thanks for posting.

I’m really sorry there’s been so many problems with the order to get you connected. I can apreciate how frustrating this has been for you. I’ve checked the details (thanks for sending them over) and can see your case has now been picked up by our case management team who are due to give you a call later today. Just so you know, the order placed by @NeilO has been cancelled because there is a routing issue with the line. The details need to be updated with Openreach which is in the process of being completed. Once that’s done a new order will have to be placed but the case management team will be able to take care of all that for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 8 of 51

Issues continue.

I've just had a call from BT saying my order was routed to the wrong exchange, and they are cancelling the previous order again so that they can re-issue it.

I then got a text saying my order will be re-issued on the 8th of May, which is another week waiting.

On top of that I will have to wait for another engineer visit after this which will (providing he turns up this time) be another week on top of this.

This is ridiculous now.

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 9 of 51

As predicted BT have given me another date of the 15th before my service will be active. Pushing the date back another week.

I can't help but feel this is just so they can ignore the problem another week.

At this point I would not be suprised if another week got added to that date when the problem innevitably continues.

Can one of the Mods let me know why it will take another week, and let me know if it possible to bring this date forward, the BT website is giving me error messages when I try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Liam11
Contributor
Message 10 of 51

Another update from BT.

They cancelled the re-issued order they placed today after I contacted them to ask if the engineer visit date could be changed.

They have now text me to say that the order has been re-issued, but as a landline order only. And that it will take longer to have my broadband activated.

Seriously think they're doing it on purpose now.

0 Ratings