cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 11 of 51

Re: Struggling to get landline and broadband activated

1. Has it been 8 weeks since the promised date? If so, just go to the ombudsman.

2. Ask for compensation @£8 per day. This should be automatically applied. In my case it was not.

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 12 of 51

Not quite 8 weeks yet, but I'm hesistant to go to an ombudsman, from what I've read on here BT can just issue a deadlock letter which will just leave me without.

They've credited my account £25, but have told me they cannot compensate me until after my service is live.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 51

Hi @Liam11 

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry you're still having problems getting connected.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 14 of 51

PM sent

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 51

Hi @Liam11 

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me this morning.

I will follow up with you again on Thursday as agreed.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 16 of 51

The engineer has just called me and said the same thing has happened again with the job being built off the wrong exchange in the wrong town. Can someone from BT get in touch and get this problem sorted, it is 5 weeks since the original order now!!!
0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 17 of 51

That really sucks.

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 18 of 51

Somebody high up in the organization should take personal responsibility for these cases and get it done. Standard response of 5 working days etc is just nonsense.

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 19 of 51

Not even 5 working days now it’s 5 working weeks. I was assured yesterday by Robbie that this order had been put on their system correctly, to the correct exchange and that the engineer would get my landline live, after which they could activate my broadband. Feels like no one even looked in to my original issue because the jobs keep getting built off the wrong exchange.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Liam11
Contributor
Message 20 of 51

I’d also like to point out that this is the 5th or 6th engineer visit that’s failed. I’ve lost count now. I’ve also lost 5 days holiday as a result of all these failed orders. Ridiculous
0 Ratings