cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 21 of 51

Re: Struggling to get landline and broadband activated

What i've realized is BT employees don't read the old notes. They just read the latest note and act on it, even if it proven to be wrong. They don't have the patience/will/competence to understand the whole issue.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 51

Hi @Liam11 ,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry this has been messed up again. @RobbieMac is in the office later today so I've dropped him a message to let him know you've posted.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Liam11
Contributor
Message 23 of 51

BT have just called me to tell me the issue is that openreach have not updated the exchange code on their side. I have asked the engineer to still come to my house so I can ask him to call openreach/BT to explain the issue.

David, there must be someone higher in BT I can take this up with as currently the issue is impacting me financially as I cannot work from home and I am constantly having to take days out from work to be home for failed engineer visits. Will BT reimburse me for the financial losses?
0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 24 of 51

There is something called 'Keep Connected Prmoise'. Surely you can send him this till you sort it out?

Keep Connected Promise

We’ll get you back online quickly if your broadband stops working. We’ll send you a Mini Hub straightaway at no extra cost if you have to report a broadband fault – it uses a mobile signal to connect your devices until we’ve fixed the fault.

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 25 of 51

I understand that it is for BT Plus customers only. But if this is an extraordinary case with repeated failures from BT, it's the least you can do.

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 26 of 51

BT use the EE network, unfortunately where I live is a black spot for any network other than Vodafone. They have also told me that they will not issue me any compensation until my service is live, which at the moment looks like it will never happen.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 27 of 51

@nobroadband4u wrote:

I understand that it is for BT Plus customers only. But if this is an extraordinary case with repeated failures from BT, it's the least you can do.

The failures are by Openreach not BT.

@Liam11 ypu may find this useful.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/openreach-complaints/contact-details

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 28 of 51

Does the customer have a contract with BT or Open reach? For all I know, openreach can blame a 3rd party subcontractor and he blames someone else.
0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 29 of 51

I have raised a complaint with resolver, is this likely to fix my issue? The resolver case will be logged as a new complaint, the problem has already been going for over a month. BT have told me that only they should be responsible for dealing with their supplier to resolve this, not me directly having to get in touch with Openreach.
0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 30 of 51

The openreach engineer has just called me saying he spoke to BT, he’s told me that it is 100% on BTs side and that it’s BT who need to resolve this and that someone should be managing it.
0 Ratings