cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 31 of 51

Re: Struggling to get landline and broadband activated

I would stop taking the calls from Openreach. You simply should not have to deal with them regardless of whose fault it is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Liam11
Contributor
Message 32 of 51

The calls from openreach are only from their engineers who are supposed to come to my home. The engineer today did not turn up, instead called to say he’d contacted BT to tell them the same problem had happened again. I have since spoke to BT who say they have re-issued my order, are waiting for it to be confirmed and are then going to call me to absolutely confirm that this time it has been issued to the correct exchange. I am going to request this be sent to me in writing also.
0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 33 of 51

@DavidM
Still no contact from robbie either
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 51

@Liam11 wrote:
@DavidM
Still no contact from robbie either

Hi @Liam11 

I am looking into this at the moment and will give you a call shortly.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 35 of 51

Thanks for your call earlier @RobbieMac
And thanks for raising the ORDI.

Could you give me another quick ring this afternoon if you get a chance?
Since our call I’ve had two different people from BT contact me and tell me two conflicting things.
One told me my next engineer visit is on the 17th, the other told me it’s on the 22nd.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 36 of 51

So as an update and to keep this public. I finally got my BT landline activated last week, and was given a date of the 3rd of June for my broadband to be activated.

BT have just contacted me again today to say this won't be happening.

Ironically though they have absolutely no trouble finding my address to send me bills. 

I am expecting a call again tonight to test my landline, only then will they be able to place another order. I will not be shocked if this dpoesn't happen.

I'm currently looking at over 8 weeks of no service, and absolutely abysmal service from BT. No two people I speak to seems to know what the last person said or what the true progress of my issue is.

The mods will call and promise you that your service will be live on a set date. Only to get someone else to call to tell you this isn't the case...

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 37 of 51

That's really bad. 

0 Ratings
Liam11
Contributor
Message 38 of 51

It is ridiculous.

They told me that they do not owe me anything for the repeat failed installation attempts, and that they are not liable for the number of days off work I have been forced to take to accommodate the multiple failed engineer visits, that were all BT's fault.

I have found, however, that this is not the case and that they may have to compensate me for this.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 39 of 51

The only person you should be talking to is the mod who is personally handling your case. Ignore anyone else.

I'm sure  @RobbieMac will get back to you.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 40 of 51

Hi @Liam11 I am really sorry you've been billed. Unfortunately bills are raised robotically, however as mentioned on my call today, I will check that and clear any charges raised incorrectly. 

I am sorry the broadband order isn't progressing as it should. We are working on getting this to our suppliers so they can get you up and running, but it's clear something isn't quite right in the background which is causing these orders to not progress, and we're working to fix it.

Once I call you back in about 15 mins to confirm your number, I'll then be able to check how we're going to get you activated.

Thanks

0 Ratings