cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 60

Stuck IP profile

Hi again everyone.  The speed of my fibre broadband has been down to a maximum of 6mb for several months now.  I used to have at least 10mb (and this is what I should expect as well when I upgrade my broadband).  I reckon the IP profile is stuck and this is also what shown on the speed test result.  I reset the broadband 3 days ago ( stable connection for weeks) to see if it will sync on higher speed but no luck.  Is there a way to change the ip profile higher?  I've been paying a higher amount for the same speed that I have been getting before the upgrade.  Thanks in advance.BiPAC 8800AXL R2 (1).pngBiPAC 8800AXL R2 (3).png

BTW Performance Test.png

0 Ratings
59 REPLIES 59
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 60

Re: Stuck IP profile

your ip profile is determined by your connection speed not the other way round so to get a higher profile you need to get a faster connection speed   you need a stable connection and avoid manual resets if at all possible

is there any noise on quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 60

Thanks imjolly for your reply. Yes, I've done it and there is no noise. I also connected to the master socket and I've the test socket as well. Also, the attainable rate shows up to 11mb that's why I thought the Ip profile is holding back the download speed. My connection has been pretty stable and the only time I reset the router was to try to sync it to a higher speed. It has been connected for many weeks but it's not syncing itself that's why I tried to sync it manually. For several months I am getting at least 9-10mb. I have posted here before that it should be my connection speed based on the test and it was promised by bt customer service before I proceeded with the upgrade.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 60

when you last posted in March you were having connection problems and that was the reason for the low connection speed and higher than normal noise margin  did you ever get your connection speed up to about 10mb since then or have you still had problems with connection dropping?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 60

Yep. the connection went up and has been stable. Now it is stuck on 6mb for more than a month even with a stable connection. Is there a way to reset the SNR as well.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 60

if speed did return to about 10mb then you must have had problems with internet connection dropping since for the noise margin to have increased and connection speed to drop to 6mb

0 Ratings
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 60

Hi imjolly.  Thanks again for your response.  I went out hence my reply took a while.  Should I just wait for it to come back up? As I said I've been waiting patiently for more than a month now (maybe two).  The connection has been pretty stable as well as I didn't notice frequent disconnection.  Can I just request for SNR reset and maybe it will speed up again the connection?  5-6mb is what I'm getting before  I upgraded and now I'm back to same speed with a higher bill. 

0 Ratings
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 60

Im still looking for solution. The moderator used to reset the SNR after having stable connection for 3 days or more.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 60

@spicnspan7

the mods were able to reset the noise margin after 3 days but that was on adsl but unfortunately the same does not apply to fibre/vdsl

0 Ratings
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 60

Thanks for your reply imjolly. Is there any advise you could give me to increase the speed. Im thinking if it will remain the same speed, i might consider downgrading.
0 Ratings