cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Sudden change in broadband speed

My broadband has been rock solid (unusual) for about 3 months, the longest about 28 days without dropping connection at all. Fantastic . 

However, this morning, my husband trying to conduct work WiFi calls and send large documents for work and the internet goes down. I’ve just checked and out previously solid speed of about 48mbps and 8 upload has changed to 19 upload and 80 download. Have they just done something to the fibre in my area or is this a blip? We weren’t notified of any changes - would we be? It would be great if this is maintained, but I’m wondering if this is now the start of erratic WiFi and will it take a while to settle? 

Edit...I’ve just done another speed test and we’re down to 34mbps download and 10 upload. What is going on? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sudden change in broadband speed

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 14.37.54.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

download speed will vary depending on conditions at th time but what about your connection speed?  has the router dropped connection?  can you post stats from hub  advanced settings then technical log information   if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

is there any line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

My max attainable speed used to be about 50mbps. Something has happened today . The speed looks to have increased but it’s all over the place and very difficult to work from home. When I did a speed check via my hub it said there was a fault on the line, reposted last night (but not by us) . 

5th Jan went down and restarted with 50mbps down, 7123 up, 

6th Jan went down and restarted 46mbps down, 7152 up

9.09today down and restarted 33mbps down and 7312 up

9.10  down 35 mbps down and 7310 up

very short period down at 9.51 then slowly rose to 80mbps down and 19mbps up recorded at 11.04on the technical log 

But it’s all over the place in terms of useability even though the connection hasn’t dropped since. 

System up time is 6 hrs 14 and network uptime is 4 hours 51 as at now. 

Any ideas? Has the line been upgraded but will take time to settle or is there some spurious fault on the line related to what comes up when I run my phone number through the fault reporting system? 64DACF40-8A22-42D0-B97F-2BB5F12AC269.jpeg

0 Ratings