cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Sudden increase in DSL disconnects

I'm running a normally very stable g.fast line at around 300mbps being situated about 100m from the cabinet.

I've experienced 17 DSL disconnects (purple then orange lights on the hub, then immediate reconnection - total downtime about 5 mins) over the last 12 months. 11 of these disconnects have occurred since the beginning of June. This week alone I have had the broadband connection drop 5 times.

It always comes straight back, but naturally the disconnection is not good if you're working from home and on a teams call or the like.

I'm wondering if there might be something obvious I can do to try to mitigate this, or does it require further investigation?

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sudden increase in DSL disconnects

as you have G.Fast and therefore still use the phone line have you check the line for any noise by dialling 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings