cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Sudden intermittent loss of connection

I've been a happy FFTC customer for ages but suddenly I had a disconnection yesterday.  At about 13:30 the connection dropped.  I rebooted everything and I could see that the DSL was fine (connected at the normal sync speed) but the PPP  wouldn't establish - I could see PADI going out but no PADO coming back.

I tried a different hub but no joy, so I reported a fault.  Then at 23:00 it connected as if by magic.  Then just after midnight down again until 05:00.  It's been solid since.

Because the DSL was fine, I don't suspect anything wrong with the connection to the cabinet: I think the fault must be somewhere deeper though I can't really imagine where.  I swapped the hub and that didn't help.  Doesn't seem likely to be a weather or mechanical type thing.

The conundrum is - should I cancel my fault? BT say it will be fixed by Thursday.   It's kind of fixed already but I'm nervous it's going to go again.  On the other hand, the engineer is probably just going to say there's nothing he can do. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sudden intermittent loss of connection

did you check to see if there was any openreach work in your area as there was some post about maintenance work being done in some areas at night

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sudden intermittent loss of connection

Not really sure but there was nothing on the service status page and I couldn't see any Openreach people at the cabinet.  Could have been something going on at the exchange,  I guess.

0 Ratings