Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pau1200
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Sudden speed drop

Hi,

Im after some guidance and help, ive been with infinity  2 for 2 months and when i signed up i was estimated 69 - 80 and 19-20 so when the enginner cam i was syncing at 78 -20 and have had a great conenction with speed tests hitting 75 19.50 all the time. Now this weekend the kids have complained that at times the internet is crawling so i have done a check and im now getting 50 -17 so something has changed. Ive checked the sync speed and thats dropped to 66 - 19. Ive tried a reboot but it still syncs slower and the connection seems very laggy, even streaming now buffers at time which it never did. As Im below my lower speed estimate is there anything bt can do as there must be a fault somewhere.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sudden speed drop

Hi

The most likely reason your speed has dropped is because of a noise  issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again  have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call

0 Ratings
matg
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Just noticed mine has done this as well.

was 78.9 now 68.8, upload speed has not changed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

most likely for the same reason
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 6

My Infnity went down for 30 seconds or so the other night. Now im finding my download speed has droped from 66.2mb that I was getting for a few weeks to 56.5mb.

Darren

0 Ratings
pau1200
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

upload speed is ok but download still hasn't returned. How long should it take if it to reset itself
0 Ratings