cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Sudden sync speed drop

Go to solution

@Paul608085 yes that's exactly it, I would've rolled onto the standard pricing and simply waited it out for everything to catch up.

I'm generally pretty savvy with ensuring I'm not paying more than I should for services and I was aiming to avoid rolling onto the standard pricing as it's a fairly hefty price rise. But it could've been a necessary evil for a few weeks.

Ultimately it was just bad timing that a line fault coincided with my contract coming to an end.

It's possibly something BT could look at on their system side as the technical teams were obviously aware of the fault and what speeds should be achievable, but the renewals system was not... They simply see what the computer shows them are the achievable speeds at the time it was measured. So the guarantees all being based on a faulty measurement, means any new contract offer contained the much reduced speed guarantee. I can only imagine the pain down the line of trying to get that resolved if I'd unwittingly renewed with the lower guarantee.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Sudden sync speed drop

Go to solution

What’s your line stats now? I’m interested.

Thanks

0 Ratings