cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Sudden upload speed drop

Hi,

Since August i've been receiving 70mb/s down and only 3 up. About a week ago I was pleased to see that upload had suddenly increased up to 15mb/s. However recently it has dropped down back to 3. My home hub shows that im reaching nowhere near the maximum data rate for upload however my download is very close.

I cannot perform any bt wholesale tests as I'm simply a student tenant and don't have access to BT ID or Landline Number. I also can't access the master socket as it appears to have been installed behind a wall.

Are there any tests or things I can do my end to improve the upload speed (measured from wired ethernet). I have also included a DSL check of my address.

f1ame_0-1601044096294.pngCapture.PNG

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sudden upload speed drop

which exchange and cab are you on  would have been at top of dslchecker result

as you are not the BT customer that will cause problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Exchange ORMSKIRK - Cabinet 19

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Could someone enlighten me as to banded profiles / DLM work, Im assuming I am back to 3mbs because at 15 I received many connection drops and now again back at 3. Should there not be a happy medium at say 10mbps?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I found the master socket and plugged the router into the test socket, somehow upload speeds were even worse?

f1ame_0-1601141047876.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Still poor upload speeds

Hi all,

I've been dealing with an issue of poor upload speeds for a while now, IP profile for the upstream is 20mbps. I texted the BT bot which detected a fault and auto called an engineer out. The engineer did not go to the "fault" so I contacted BT where two different people said that there was no faults on the line. I've tried connecting to test socket (not change) and have also dialed the line test number with a perfect silent line. 

Once we were pushed onto 15mbps by the DLM however we received many connection cuts so it pushed it back down to 3mbps. 

I was wondering if there would be a way I could attempt to improve the upload speed and if not have a  'custom' banded profile of something like 9/10mbps upload. 

Download is often 60/65mbps on Ookla not the 40 that BT suggests. 

Would it be worth to try a new router or micro filter or are these likely not the issue.

f1ame_0-1601989136297.png

f1ame_1-1601989198516.png

f1ame_2-1601989509620.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Re: Still poor upload speeds

Is it possible a mod can assist somehow?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Re: Still poor upload speeds

Hi @f1ame, sorry you are having a problem with your upload speed. You will need to complete validation to confirm you are acting on the account holders behalf so you may need to speak with the landlord. I've sent you a Private Message and we will be happy to help you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings