Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northshields
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Suerfast or Ultrafast

Go to solution

I currently have Superfast Fibre Plus achieving a download speed of about 73Mb. According to my offers on the BT site, I could have Ultrafast Fibre Plus achieving a guaranteed download speed of 100Mb for £4 pm less than I am paying now. However, I am afraid that I don't really understand the technical difference between them. For example, if I went for the Ultrafast Fibre Plus, what modem/router would I have, and would my current powerline system still work (a BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Multi Kit)? Also, is it self-install or is an engineer's visit neccessary?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Suerfast or Ultrafast

Go to solution

can you enter phone number and post results. Remember delete number. This should show what is available

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
northshields
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I have checked availability and G.fast is certainly available. Availability is marked as "Amber" which, I understand, means that it would be an engineer install - that answers one of my questions. However, I would still like to know which modem/router would be used and, most particularly, whether my powerline adapters would still work. (I am, of course, talking about FTTC.)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You would be sent a G.Fast hub. Your powerlines will still work.

0 Ratings
northshields
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

pippincp,

Thank you very much for that. That is just the information I was looking for.

0 Ratings