Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pete99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Super Fast Fibre Plus

Go to solution

Hi

Can anyone tell me the guaranteed minimum speed for the new service offered by BT - Super Fast Fibre Plus.

I cannot get an exact answer from BT as they keep hedging round the question. Their email states:

"We estimate your download speed will be 67Mbps " but this is not the guaranteed speed as defined by OFCOM.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Super Fast Fibre Plus

Go to solution

@Pete99wrote:

Hi

Can anyone tell me the guaranteed minimum speed for the new service offered by BT - Super Fast Fibre Plus.

I cannot get an exact answer from BT as they keep hedging round the question. Their email states:

"We estimate your download speed will be 67Mbps " but this is not the guaranteed speed as defined by OFCOM.

Hi @Pete99. It is impossible to give a generic minimum speed because we all live different distances from the cabinet or exchange. The further away, the lower the speed. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

@Pete99 I'm really sorry about that, there has been an error on the order confirmation emails which has quoted the advertised average speed instead of your own personalised speed. If you send me over your details on the 'click here to contact the mods' link we'll be able to tell you your minimum guaranteed speed. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

You could of course just enter your phone number HERE, the handback threshold will be your minimum guaranteed speed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

@pippincp the checker will give a good estimate on the range to expect but its not the minimum guaranteed speed.  

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Strange @NeilO every minimum speed guarantee I've seen has always matched the  handback threshold when adsl checker results have been posted..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Pete99 I called earlier sorry I missed you. I've dropped you an email with more detail on your speed estimate. 

I'm sorry you are not seeing the speed you should with your connection. The minimum guaranteed speed for your line is 35Mb and you mention you are getting around 29Mb.  Please can you complete a speed test via www.speedtest.btwholesale.com  using an Ethernet cable and select the further diagnostic button to send your results over via our server. Also post the results on this thread and we will be happy to help you improve your connection.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Pete99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi John

Thanks for looking into this. It's a little more complex as I received an email from BT three days ago telling me about the new Superfast Fibre Plus.

I went ahead and ordered this new package which I was told by email it would start at midnight on the 31st May.

My speed has not changed a bit though - I am still getting a max. of 29 Mbps which is what I was getting on the Infinity package I was on until 31st.

I have tested my line several times using BT Wholesale test page, exactly according to the instructions, rebooting the modem (BT Hub6), using direct Ethernet cable to the BT Master socket with microfilter.

I appreciate your help and I am happy to hang on "to let things settle" but I honestly can't see me achieving the estimated 67Mbps quoted in the original email.

Pete

0 Ratings
Pete99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi John

Just done a test as you asked (Tuesday 5th June at 08.15am) - you should have the results.

Test was done exactly per instructions.  Pic attached.

Test.jpg

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Pete99 Thanks for completing that speed test for me. The connection looks ok but I've made a minor change to see if that will help improve your speed and that should complete within the next 24hrs so I'll check back on the connection later in the week with you.

John

0 Ratings