cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Super Fast Fibre Plus

Go to solution

Hi @Pete99 I called earlier and left a brief message. I've checked and your connection speed has not improved. 

Can you check this out Home wiring and broadband set-up - a checklist and connect to your test socket and complete another speed test. Also please dial 17070 on your line and complete a quiet line test with a corded phone. There should be no noise interference on the line.

The connection speed has dropped by a 1/3 in the last month and there may be a fault with the set up or the line causing this. Post back and let me know how you get on and if it's convenient I will give you call again tomorrow.

Thanks

John 

0 Ratings
Pete99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Hi John

Sorry to have missed your call, thank you for following this up.

I have completed the checks as per the link you sent but there do not appear to be any problems from the master socket onwards.

The quiet test was good.

If you could call tomorrow after 2pm I'll make sure I am in.

Many thanks

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Pete99 Thanks for taking my call earlier and good news to hear that the engineer visit this morning has managed to get your speed increased. 

Sorry about the confusion over the speeds originally estimated and glad we were able to reach a resolution on this for you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pete99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

I have no issues with the way BT handled this problem. They have been communicative and polite, and an engineer has fixed the problem quickly.

Many thanks

PG

0 Ratings