cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mand123
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Super Slow Broadband

I'm on superfast Broadband  with a smart hub. This is the speeds I'm getting most of the time. Have looked at my package & it states that its unacceptable if below 1mbps! Surely this isn't classed as superfast?I'm on superfast Broadband with a smart hub. This is the speeds I'm getting most of the time. Have looked at my package & it states that its unacceptable if below 1mbps! Surely this isn't classed as superfast?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Super Slow Broadband

are you using wireless to run the btspeedtest?  if so try it wired

if hh6 then post stats from advanced settings then technical log information   if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mand123
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi thanks for the reply. The results are from a wired device. Download speed down to 0.48, upload 0.37 & ping latency 986 when last takenHi thanks for the reply. The results are from a wired device. Download speed down to 0.48, upload 0.37 & ping latency 986 when last taken

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

As you can see from checker results you estimated connection speed range is 6.5/2.5mb showing g you are a very long way from your street cabinet 

What about hub stats and quiet line test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mand123
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

The line was silentThe line was silent

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

your connection speed at 3.7mb is within your estimated range from dslchecker and as almost at attainable seems no more there

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves speed?  try quiet line test from test socket

Mand123
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi I've been monitoring the broadband speeds now for a couple of days & they have been ranging from download 0.1 to 2.88, upload 0 - 0.73. This is not a fault as always been the same as like you say we are a very long way from the cabinet. We have complained on several occasions but to no avail. Other residents in our village have same speeds.

BT are texting as raised an issue but each time I answer, I get a different person who then asks the same questions. The last text I got is a complete joke! - 'Hello this is Nasir from BT here. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused you due to slow internet speed. I can understand how frustrating it is. However, I have conducted the line test but could not see any error with our network. Your package minimum guaranteed speed is 20Mbps but as per my line test , from exchange till the premises your HUB is getting a speed of 35Mbps. Its mean there is no any issue with speed externally.' 

I have answered back stating my package promise is 2Mbps - 6Mbps but not heard anything back yet.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@Mand123 You still haven't answered if you are using wired or wireless to check speed.

0 Ratings
Mand123
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I have completed all speed tests on a wired device

0 Ratings