cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawkmoon19
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Super disappointed with customer service: no phone line at all after Fibre 'activation'

Go to solution

BT customer for 27 years.  Constantly pestered by BT to go with Fibre so eventually I give in and succumb to the promise of faster speeds. 

Activate date 1 comes and goes - no fibre activated. No word from BT at all. Have to call BT twice. told Open Reach missed appointment. Appointment re-booked.

Activation date 2 comes and goes -  no fibre activated. Nothing from BT. Have to call BT twice. told Open Reach missed appointment. Appointment re-booked.

Activation date 3 comes and goes  - no fibre activated. No word from BT at all. Have to call BT . told Open Reach missed appointment. Appointment re-booked.

Activation date 4 comes along. Receive text and email that it is activated and I am all set. Great I think. Get home later to find phone line totally dead and of course no Broadband of any kind. 3 phone calls later I am told by someone in the Belfast team that there is a fault and I am promised they will text me an update. 

It gets to 19:45 and no text update - the guy from Belfast faults team told me their office closes at 20:00 so I phone BT. Speak to a lady who tells me I have a fault now reported on the system and it should be fixed in FIVE DAYS.  

Wow, thanks a lot BT. I am a doctor who needs access to my landline and also to broadband in order to access medical data. You have switched incoming calls so they come to my mobile but my mobile reception at home is hopeless. 

This is how you treat a customer who has been loyal to BT for over 25 years?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Super disappointed with customer service: no phone line at all after Fibre 'activation'

Go to solution

@Hawkmoon19 

Do you have a BT Business account, or a BT Residential account?

This is just a customer to customer forum, but help can be asked for from BT.

0 Ratings
Hawkmoon19
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Re: Super disappointed with customer service: no phone line at all after Fibre 'activation'

Go to solution

Residential

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@Hawkmoon19 wrote:

Residential

Thanks.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Hawkmoon19
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you for your assistance

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Are you resident in NI or was the involvement of the Belfast call centre coincidental?

0 Ratings
Hawkmoon19
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

coincidental - I live in Surrey - no reported outages in my area according to BT website

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Understood - I was about to offer my experience of dealing with the subcontractors BT use in parts of NI but not relevant to you!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@Longshanks0511 Whichever call centre you connect to has no bearing on where you are in the UK, you are automatically routed the the first available.

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@pippincpwrote:

@Longshanks0511Whichever call centre you connect to has no bearing on where you are in the UK, you are automatically routed the the first available.

......which has caused me some difficulty in the past due to lack of local knowledge.

We digress.

0 Ratings