cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Superfast Broadband

Hi I am wondering if anyone can answer why I cannot get super fast broadband as my neighbours 2 doors away and those opposite and the rest of my village all get it, there are 5 houses mine included whose postcode shows on the BT site that we cannot upgrade our Broadband. Yet everyone else has it and we are connected to the same Cabinet as the other neighbours? I have done the DSL Checker - below and as mentioned all the other houses next to me have it so I can only think this is an issue with BT database

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in JumperHighLowHighLowVDSL Range A (Clean)

14.47.91.20.85.8AvailableAvailable--VDSL Range B (Impacted)

14.47.41.20.84.7AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
1000220--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2--1 to 3.5AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 1.5--1 to 2.5AvailableAvailable--
0.5----AvailableAvailableYes
0.5----Available----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2020-02-04
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
12-01-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

f you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Superfast Broadband

are you a BT broadband customer?

if you have used your address it more accurate with phone number.  which exchange and cab

there is something odd in that checker shows adsl with max 3.5mb but according to checker you have 15.53mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi Thank you for the reply,

I used my home landline number - Yes I am with BT  - to do the checker as having read other posts saw that was the best and most accurate way to check

As I mentioned in my post my neighbour 2 doors down c50metres away is being upgraded tomorrow. We only live in a small village on one road and yet all the other neighbours except 5 houses mine included in a row seemingly cannot get the upgrade I have spoken to neighbours across the road and they also with BT have got it and I saw BT OpenReach where in the area all Summer installing so not sure why us 5 cannot be upgraded? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

you never said which exchange and cab you are on  would have been at top of checker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Sorry forgot to add

Exchange HARTLEY WINTNEY is served by Cabinet 6

thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

well your cab is certainly FTTC available

Cabinet P6   FTTC Available from 9th July 2016   Phase SEP Hampshire 16a    235   Huawei   RG27 8BF  

can you run checker but with address and post results please

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi @DavidPrice ,

Run the checker for the neighbours' Tel. Nos. to see if they are on the same cabinet

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

A screenshot of the table would make it much easier to see what the checker is saying, but you would appear to already be on 'Superfast Broadband'. The term Superfast Broadband doesn't imply any particular speed, it is just VDSL and your speed will be dependent on your distance from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hi Run Checker with the address this time:

HARTLEY WINTNEY is served by Cabinet 6
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) DavidPrice_0-1611584682269.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) DavidPrice_1-1611584682270.gif
14.47.91.20.85.8AvailableAvailable
14.47.41.20.84.7AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
1000220--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
Up to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
0.5----Available
0.5----Available
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi this is the DSL checker have run it on house and landline number and is the same result according to BT website my neighbours can get full fibre - one of whom 2 doors away is having it installed tomorrow hence why I looked to do the same yet according to the BT website it says I cannot !!!

HARTLEY WINTNEY is served by Cabinet 6
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) DavidPrice_0-1611585007171.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) DavidPrice_1-1611585007171.gif
14.47.91.20.85.8AvailableAvailable
14.47.41.20.84.7AvailableAvailable
1000220--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
Up to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
0.5----Available
0.5----Available
Available
Available
N
N
Y

FTTP is not available.

0 Ratings