cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenwill78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Superfast Fiber Plus Slower than handback threshold for months

Hi hope someone can help my broadband seems slower than my minimum speed of 55Mb

Screenshot (2)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (4)_LI.jpg

I did a factory reset. Iv had one engineer how just looked at my house said it all seemed fine didnt do a line reset or anything. I havent been getting any disconnections

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Superfast Fiber Plus Slower than handback threshold for months

Welcome to this user forum.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 26

Your connection time is only 43mins was that manual reset?

have you tried test socket with filter to see if this improves connection. Try even if you currently have a filtered master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stevenwill78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 26

I just did one there was no noise on the line the engineer checked it all just over a month ago said it was all fine

0 Ratings
stevenwill78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Thanks for the reply it was a manual reset. I have tried the test socket  i left it in there for a couple of days still hasnt changed it use to sync at over 60Mb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Sorry are you currently using test socket or you are back in master. When using test socket did you notice even if no connection speed change was there any change to max attainable and noise margin?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stevenwill78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

It was the same no change
0 Ratings
stevenwill78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

I dont know if it will help but i did have a faulty router that was turning it self on and off that caused my speed to drop was sent a new one when if finally died but i think i was put on a branded profile but no one has reset my line so has never recovered
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

even if you were on a banded profile that would not affect your attainable speed and from your stats you are at attainable speed

stevenwill78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Your broadband will start by midnight on: 24 Dec 2018
How fast will it be?
We estimate your download speed will be between 59Mbps and 79Mbps, and your upload speed will be between 19Mbps and 20Mbps.
The minimum guaranteed speed you can expect from your broadband will be 53Mbps.
We comply with the Ofcom Broadband Speeds Code of Practice. We'll always aim to give you the download speed shown, but if your actual speed is slower you should call us on ‪0800 111 4567‬ and we'll do our best to fix it. If we can't improve it and it stays that way, you'll be able to cancel your broadband contract without having to pay early termination charges.
0 Ratings