Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 98

Re: Superfast Fibre 1 Essential

Go to solution

Your conspiracy theory is rubbish but good luck with it

yiur speed dropped because instability   Get your connection fixed and stability back with engineer. Visit then DLM reset and you will be back to where you were

look forward to your conspiracy update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
garybs29
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 98

Go to solution
Has the queztion not been answered when the mention of turning the hubs off at night was made? This will make the connection think it's not stable
0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 13 of 98

Go to solution

OK - its not  marketeers orders, it engineers feathering their Xmas box !

It may be ne'er do wells "Bodging" or vandalising the box at one o'clock in the morning - a common sight round here,  which I've reported  a few times, roadside boxes with the doors open, letting in the weather - I'm sure the engineers don't leave 'em like that !

I  find it hard to believe its a naturally faulted unstable line. As said 17070 "Quiet line" had nothing to report.

I've never had any trouble with the line over the last 12 years of broadband VDSL and the preceding 6 years of ADSL at the address I'm at now.

My house is located 200 metres from the roadside box. The roadside box is 500 metres from the exchange. The service provided is FTTC. The cabling runs through a dry and well-drained area. 

The signalling and hardware used today is way better than 12 years ago when I first transitioned to BT Broadband services. 

Even in the  alleged "Degraded" state,  I'm still  consistently getting half contracted throughput for this line. i.e. 26Mbps down, 4Mbps up. Would a "Faulted line" be that consistent, even with DLM overseeing matters ?

The only thing exogeneous to BT/openreach  that's different may be  the recent increase in demand for telecoms lines in my road caused by the  several recent property re-developments, the latest of which,  a bungalow  re-developed into half a dozen flats may be the reason- this might have caused the link, inside the telephone roadside box, connecting my line to the adjacent roadside fibre box to have been disturbed, moved or shared.

Also, I've noticed that there's a new type of RFI locally, which keeps taking the audio signal out on the digital TV. 5 G ?

Before reporting it, again, (Still heard nothing from BT since Monday) I'll re-run the on-line tests.

N.

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 14 of 98

Go to solution

Oh yeah !

For information, when this started,  the hub turned itself off  and then re-started (Business-as-usual), on two occasions, between 01:00-2:00 in the morning, during the week-ending 19/10/2019. 

Presumably, the hub needs to receive a particular signal, properly configured , before it will re-boot. Would the DLM QoS process  extend to doing this ? ? ?

N

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 15 of 98

Go to solution

Just been doing some reading:-

https://www.assia-inc.com/pressreleases/uk-high-court-holds-british-telecom-liable-for-infringing-pa...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6726-assia-court-case-forces-openreach-to-turn-off-dlm

We've all been happily chatting away on the assumption that  auto DLM is operating on BT networks. Is there any evidence that this is currently the case ?

What should type of entry should I look for in the Smart Hubs event log or in Wireshark say ?

N

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 98

Go to solution

these links are 5 years old and the copyright problem was solved so the DLM is in operation and should the line appear unstable with many drops in a short space of time then DLM will take action to try an stabilise the line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 17 of 98

Go to solution

Earlier today completed a second round of tests using the software  provided in my BT on-line  account.

It completed the first part of the tests, stating that the DSLAM to socket was OK and then failed on the home network tests. I was then referred to the Chat line, who advised that there was a fault with the Smart Hub 2 - kept dropping the line apparently. Replacement on way.

If its hub's that faulty, then, that's the second piece of  household electrical kit to go this week.

Can't help wondering if the storms have caused  electrical surges (Not that we've had any locally) but , I suspect that the National Grid 400Kv line, which follows the M25 round the North of London, may have taken hits.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 98

Go to solution

look forward to update with new hub

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 19 of 98

Go to solution

Well we'll see. 

In the meantime, to put our collective minds at rest  and to see what's happening perhaps I could use one of the  third party router stats apps ?

Will they work with Smart Hub 2?

N

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 98

Go to solution

Nope, there is no Telnet access to the SH2.

0 Ratings