Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 21 of 98

Re: Superfast Fibre 1 Essential

Go to solution

I presume that helpful reply means I'll have to unbox either the Home Hub 5A or the HH3, that are currently sitting on my dining room floor waiting to be posted to the BT recycling centre  so I can run  one of the router stats apps. 

At least, I know now what routers to spare from the crusher.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 98

Go to solution

Nope, no BT hub has Telnet access. You either need an unlocked Openreach modem or a third party router.

Edit: Although there is no Telnet access you might get some stats using this http://vwlowen.co.uk/RouterStatsHub/routerstatshub.htm

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 23 of 98

Go to solution

Why the app RouterStatsHub5A then ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 98

Go to solution

It doesn't access the hub via Telnet, it uses the web interface.

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 25 of 98

Go to solution

Ignore last post - didn't read the end of your last.

I'll try that one. That might show which end is dropping the signal.

Incidentally, I'm using Cat 6 cable terminated with RJ-11s to connect the hub to the master socket. I haven't had any problems before with this from Home Hub 3 onwards.  Is it still OK to use this cable with Smart Hub 2.

Is it true that the modern master sockets don't include built-in surge protection ?

N

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 98

Go to solution

Cat 6 is fine, will be better than standard cable.

As far as I'm aware, surge protection no longer forms part of the circuitry of NTE5s.

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 27 of 98

Go to solution

Just "Unboxed"  the old BT Home Hub 5A  (Which was on its way to the scrappies), connected up and got this:-

Utilities - BT - Broadband_BT_Wholesale_DSL_Test_25012019 - 25102019.JPGUtilities - BT - Broadband_Home_Hub_5 -Connection_Information_25102019 -25102019.JPG

So, no difference to the Smart Hub 2.

IP profile has obviously been capped, possibly by DML. 

So what I was told on the chat line this morning about my existing Smart Hub 2  being faulty and dropping the connection was a load of old bullshine. Following this up, I checked the "Order tracking" on the my BT account for sight of the order for a new smart hub that I was also promised during this mornings chatline conversation as a soluition to my broadband data rate issues - you guessed it, no orders have been placed at all.

So it looks like there was no intention to fix the fault.

With that capacity for dissembling and can-kicking, it would appear that some BT chat line staff have got a wonderful career in politics awaiting them.

My line has been marked as "Faulted" in the on-line account details, with no further information. And its not clear whether any further action to right the data rate will be made - personally I doubt it.

As was previously advised by your colleague, it looks like I'm stuck with 25MBps down (Even though I'm paying for 50MBps) unless and until an engineer resets my IP profile.

What an absolute shower BT are.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 98

Go to solution

As your connection appears unstable the DLM will take action to stabilise your connection by increasing noise margin and reducing speed and ending in banded profile.  To get out of banding you need your link problems fixed and then a stable connection

can you post full stats from hh5    troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 29 of 98

Go to solution

Utilities - BT - BT_Home_Hub_5 - BT Home Hub Manager - Information for Helpdesk agents_Page_1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 98

Go to solution

Until you get an engineer visit and get your line fixed nothing will improve.

0 Ratings