Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 51 of 98

Re: Superfast Fibre 1 Essential

Go to solution

Fair enough - that's your privilege.

Frankly,  I wonder  whether what is said on here, carries the full official weight of an authorised statement by BT  ?

It may be that mysterious "Helping hands" stretch across the telecomms water into BT's offices and influence problem outcomes for the better, but frankly, the main Broadband problem resolution processes I've encountered so far haven't filled me to over-brimming with confidence, and are probably best left alone - too many chefs.

At the moment, the fault is just a nuisance and probably difficult to diagnose. So, I'll wait and perhaps it will develop to full failure mode, in which, case diagnosis will be obviou,  the ball will be firmly with BT or Openreach and I won't have the burden of getting involved in their turf disputes or run the risk of being charged for something which is their joint system responsibility.

N.

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 52 of 98

Go to solution

My understanding is that after a  broadband fault has been registered for 10 days and hasn't been addressed, that Open Reach have to tackle it. No need for me to put in an engineer request.

Here are today's hub stats using the Smart Hub 2 with the phone disconnected:-

First off with the Cat 6 cable from the hub inserted in the test socket in the wall master socket:-

Utilities - BT - Broadband - Smart_Hub_2 - Cat6+Test_Socket+No_Phone - Technical_Log_30102019 -  3002019_Page_1.jpg

Secondly, with a Cat 6 cable from the hub inserted into the Faceplate:-

Utilities - BT - Broadband - Smart_Hub_2 - Cat6 + Faceplate + No_Phone -Technical_Log_30102019 - 30102019_Page_1.jpg

As can be observed, there's no difference at all between the Noise margin figures whether the connection from the hub is inserted into the Test socket or the Hub.

BT and OpenReach do your  respective jobs.

I don't need to get involved in this process as the "Fault" appears to be coming from the Network outside my home. I'm not playing Supermarket broadband pick-and-mix.

Expect updates  on here every 3 days until it gets fixed.

N

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 98

Go to solution

sorry but if you want it fixed you need to report the fault to 151  sitting back and waiting and hoping Santa comes will not work  report the fault  if as you say fault outside your home then there is not going to be a charge anyway

the speed and noise margin are unchanged by changing connection because you are in a banded profile  however if you continue to reset router then your speed will get even slower and noise margin even higher

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 54 of 98

Go to solution

Secondly, I can see no point in calling the phone engineers i.e. the metallic pathway custodians when the on-line BT Troubleshooter reports that the landline is OK and that it is a Broadband problem i.e. OpenReach.

Further, the fault report I logged on the 18/10/2019 includes the results of Tests, performed on-line by BT, that point to BT's Retail Servers as being the cause of the problem ? :-

01-11ss-edited.jpg

I suppose the ball is with BT Retail, who I understand are automatically informed (On the 18/10/2019) and will no doubt respond according to their performance standard - even by steam railway standards, I would have thought a fortnight is sufficient for BT Retail to get in contact and resolve this.

Incidentally, I noticed today, when using the BT on-line troubleshooter for broadband diagnosis, that it no longer allows me to  progress the troubleshooting process to the point where I canrequest an engineer on-line . . .the button to do this is greyed-out,  is that another feature of DLM, yourself or our dear dear colleagues of greed and chaos at BT Retail ?

N.

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 55 of 98

Go to solution

That's strange, the first line of my previous post went missing between "Send" and "Receive". - for the record it said that the on-line BT Troubleshooter test results that I initiated reported that the landline was OK.

And there's me with 13 years commercial experience in a public authority purchasing department thinking that someone was trying to apply pressure in issues relating to service delivery in order in order to secure commercial advantage. Tush, Tush, Tush.

Unfortunately, BT's customer handling process in these circumstances leaves them totally in the dark as to what is going on, so when confronted with a new commercial proposition, they are always left on the back foot - straight out of ol'  transatlantic Orangina's playbook. Who would have guessed. But something to much on for the regulator.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 98

Go to solution

Why are you continuing to post, you clearly have no interest in resolving any fault you may have and just want to whinge.

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 57 of 98

Go to solution

Obviously, BT regard all their Retail Customers as the anti-thesis of the "Intelligent customer" i.e. Dumb as Fook.

N

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 58 of 98

Go to solution

Only posting to illustrate the dreadful, off-hand way they treat their customers - the antithesis of "Customer Service".

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 98

Go to solution

Hi @NAROBS,

Thanks for your posts and sincere apologies for the problems you're having with your broadband speeds.
I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
NAROBS
Contributor
Message 60 of 98

Go to solution

As promised, the Smart Hub 2 technical info page, three days on  . . . . no change:-

Utilities -BT -Broadband -Smart_Hub_2 - Technical log_2112019 -2112019_Page_1.jpg

0 Ratings