cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 48

Re: Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited upload speed dramatic change

Go to solution

Hi @PeterY1 sorry about the delay getting back to you, I'm chasing an update with our suppliers and I should know more by tomorrow.

My tests show the errors are quite bad on the upstream so I am making an adjustment on that to try and help the connection stability.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 48

Go to solution

Hi @PeterY1 BT wholesale are escalating this case with Openreach as they haven't provided an update as to what they done last week with the cherry picker. As soon as I know more I'll give you a call. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 48

Go to solution

Hi @PeterY1 I haven't forgotten about you. I'm still in touch with the escalations team with BT Wholesale pushing for a resolution on this.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
PeterY1
Contributor
Message 34 of 48

Go to solution

BT Smarthub arrived. Unfortunately no difference in upload speed.

Pete

0 Ratings
PeterY1
Contributor
Message 35 of 48

Go to solution
Hi Neil

I can confirm that the smart hub was not switched off at all on Tuesday.

Thanks

Pete
0 Ratings
PeterY1
Contributor
Message 36 of 48

Go to solution
Hi Neil
I am getting SMSs from BT requesting that I book an engineer. Do I need to take any action or are you booking as before? I am free 28-29 Feb or 7-8 Mar.

Cheers

Pete
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 48

Go to solution

Hi @PeterY1 No I'll book that as per our chat the other day, our tests are picking up a fault again. I'll confirm the visit shortly once it's booked.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 48

Go to solution

Hi @PeterY1 I've booked Friday AM. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 48

Go to solution

Hi @PeterY1  I can see that the engineer has put in a request to get the drop wire replaced which will need traffic lights again and I'm due further updates from them towards the end of the week.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
PeterY1
Contributor
Message 40 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Openreach came on Friday 8 March and strung a dedicated 200-250m  line from my house socket to the point where it goes underground. It may have slightly improved download speeds but I have not dedected any improvement with the primary upload speed issue.

What has not been tried yet is a port swap at the cabinet incase something is faulty there. I also wonder if I am being capped on the upload. When I do a speedtest the needle always flicks up to 5Mb/s before dropping. I once got provisioned on a capped service before and saw the same thing during speedtests (albeit on the download). 

Over to you for though for next steps!

Cheers

Pete

0 Ratings