cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited - Definition of Good

The marketing pitch for this products suggests I should be getting, an average download of 67Mbs.  If I use the "Test my broadband" tool on the BT website, I consistently get download speeds of 30Mbs between HUB and Exchange.  (I am using wired to the laptop). 

The diagnostics tool suggests this is a GOOD speed, even though it's only HALF the AVERAGE.  

How can this be classed as good? Surely ABOVE average would be classed as good.   How can I improve my broadband speeds?  Or would I be better off, downgrading my broadband to the 50Mbs average speed option and hopefully get at least half that?   Which would leave me no worse off on the BB, but better off in my pocket?

Mainframes and Machine code made IT happen
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited - Definition of Good

if hh6 can you post stats  advanced settings then technical log information

can you enter your phone number and post resulys  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

the average is shown as 67mb but you can only get as fast as your line can handle which may well be less than the average depending on your line connection and distance from street cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for replying. 

The DSL checker (or similar or the BT website) confirms I should be able to get 67Mbs and recommends this option.  

My issue is that the Broadband speed checker thinks half the average is GOOD, so no fault call reqd. 

I assume hh6 is the homehub 6?   I have a BThub5- would it make much difference?  

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

can you post results from dslchecker to see what estimated range is shown,

if hh5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

whether a hh5 or hh6 should not affect your conenction speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Download Speed: 47Mb-67Mb Estimated download speed range*
Minimum Speed: 40Mb

The helpdesk is no longer available and the replacement troubleshooter displays the following limited results: (I have tried different browers and multiple tests)

BT Exchange BT Home Hub Your device
Download 32.7Mb/s 32.42Mb/s
Your broadband speed is good

Any thoughts welcome -

Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

really needs stats from your hub  don't understand if hh5 how by going to troubleshooting and then helpdesk you should get conenction time,speed, noise margin, attenuation etc

the speeds quoted by BT are down connection speeds not actual download/throughput speeds

so estimate is 67/47mb and not as your initial post 67mb

Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Sorry,  have located the correct menu item, hope this helps.

Thanks

Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: 
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (Type A) Last updated 02/07/17
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 02:58:51
6. Data rate:9999 / 34956
7. Maximum data rate:10285 / 38848
8. Noise margin:5.8 / 7.7
9. Line attenuation:26.8 / 19.7
10. Signal attenuation:26.8 / 17.4
11. Data sent/received:2.0 GB / 18.3 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: 
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: 
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address: 
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

your connection speed is 35mb hence why the btspeedtester is showing your download speed as good

connection time is only 2hrs was that router dropping connection or manual reset?

are you able to conenct to the test socket with a filter and repost your stats to see if any improvement?

if you conenct to test socket with filter can you conenct corded phone to filter and try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best done with corded phone