cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited

Can someone help or advise me,

I purchased BT Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited  in Feb 2019 for 18 Months and the order confirmation says "We estimate your download speed will be between 60Mbps and 80Mbps, and your upload speed will be between 19Mbps and 20Mbps"  and "The minimum guaranteed speed you can expect from your broadband will be 55Mbps."  So I used to get around 63mb-66mb but recently I have noticed that my Downstream Sync speed is only 53.54 Mbps on the BT Smart Hub  and now my Stay Fast Guarantee is only 47Mb if I sign a new contract What happened to the guaranteed speed BT used to offer?

I've ran the fault tester and nothing is found and if I want an engineer to come out it will be £85 if its my fault. Is there anything else I can do ?

Cheers

BT1.pngBT2.pngBT3.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Hi, The quiet line test seems ok, tested with a corded phone no noise.

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.
Product name:
BT Hub 6A
Serial number:
+084316+NQ8493****
Firmware version:
SG4B1000E020
Firmware updated:
10-May-2020
Board version:
Gui version:
DSL uptime:
0 Days, 21 Hours 29 Minutes 55 Seconds
Data rate:
19.82 Mbps / 53.54 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
19998 / 64304
Noise margin:
6.1 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation:
25.9 dB
Signal attenuation:
15.1 dB / 25.9 dB
VPI / VCI:
0/38
Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:
Fast Path
Data sent / received:
8 GB Uploaded / 2 GB Downloaded
Broadband username:
bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:
Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:
2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 6)
5 GHz wireless network name:
5 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:
Mode 1
Firewall:
On
MAC address:
Software variant:
-
Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Forget what it says if you sign a new contract. You haven't so it cannot apply. The contract you have is what matters and your speed is below the guarantee.

Report that you are not getting your contracted guaranteed speed.

Message 5 of 7

I haven't signed a new contract but by online billing is showing the new name for my product and not the original Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited.

The online chat seems to be off-line, is ringing 0800 800 150 the only option?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yes, phone in.

Message 7 of 7

thanks, they have logged it as a fault as their system also says min 55mb as well so thanks for the help!
0 Ratings