Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frangoodwin
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Superfast Fibre 2 upload speed not increased

Hey,

I have a FTTP connection and i’ve recently upgraded my broadband from Superfast Fibre to Superfast Fibre 2.

The download speed has increased, however my upload speed is still sitting at 10mb as opposed to 20mb. 

When I run a speed test it’s never any higher than 10mb and states i’m getting my expected speeds, which i’m not.

I’m wondering if this means the connection hasn’t been upgraded properly? Telephony advisors can’t seem to work it out, but agree i’m not getting what i should be? 

help appreciated!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Superfast Fibre 2 upload speed not increased

Are you sure it is FTTP. And not FTTC?

can you post any stats from your hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number. 

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Frangoodwin
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

it’s a new build house so the phone number checker doesn’t show as available as its recently laid fibre.

I’ve checked log information but what stats is it you’d need to see? Sorry i’m new to this

0 Ratings
kierownikk
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Hi there,

I'm 100% of FTTP and recently upgraded to fibre 2. 

My download speed is what it should be but upload is stuck on 10mbps. I contacted FTTP team and I was told that this is the fastest I will get and that's it. The person I spoke to didn't even offer to look at the problem and maybe find a solution. Just told me that 20mbps is the estimate and completely ignored the fact that I only get 50% of that speed.

Super disappointing. 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 8

Unfortunately the mods here can't assist with FTTP issues and would only refer you to the FTTP team.

0 Ratings
kierownikk
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Yes, I tried speaking to FTTP team twice and both times I was told that everything is fine on BT's end and this is maximum I'll get. 

They said that minimum upload speed is 9mbps and because mine is 10mbps it meets the minimum and that is basically it. 

I still refuse to believe that my connection can't handle more than that but I'm pretty much stuck as nobody seems to have any will to fix it for me 😞

0 Ratings
Frangoodwin
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Had someone from the fault team telling me it definitely doesn’t look right, however, as they don’t offer a guarantee on uploads, only downloads, they can’t do anything.

0 Ratings
kierownikk
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

So it's not just me. 

It basically looks to me like BT is having a laugh here. They're using the "up to" card to completely ignore the obvious problem. They say you'll get up to 20mbps  but as long as you get minimum 9mbps they're not interested even tho it's 50% of what you should be getting and this is definitely not right. Especially on FTTP which can easily handle 300mbps or more download speed.

For me the upgrade was purely for upload speeds as I upload quite a lot to youtube etc

Very disappointing.

0 Ratings