cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beckid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Superfast Fibre 3 Plus

BT have taken two orders from me for fibre connection to my home.  Neither have gone through and BT Fibre to Premises team inform that they cannot find out why my orders are not being processed.  This issue is further aggravated by my nearly daily calls to BT receiving the response that they have passed the problem to the relevant department who will call me in 24 hours, or 48 hours and give me installation dates.  Needless to say no one from BT has ever contacted me, I have had to call them.  

Has anyone else had this problem?

can anyone give me the name and email address or telephone number of a senior manager in BT who may be able to “discuss” with their staff why they are giving such abysmal customer service?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Superfast Fibre 3 Plus

Is this a new build?

0 Ratings
Beckid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I sent you a reply last night but can’t see it in my post.  This is just a test to see if I sent it correctly

0 Ratings
Beckid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Ok looks like I didn’t send my first reply correctly.

i thank Fibr 3 plus is a relatively new offering from BT.

it is a new fibre to my house.  I have a BT pole with fibre just outside my house.  So all I need is a fibre run to my house and a router installed.  Fibre has been used for years now so I cannot understand why BT cannot arrange an installation.  I suspect it is the software they are using to arrange the installation and BT do not have a telephone to contact an engineer, get a date for the installation, tell me and then get it done.  They can sort out their software in their own time.  I use BT because I find them “consistently mediocre” but this incident has left me changing my opinion for the worse.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 8

You could try filling out THIS form.

0 Ratings
Beckid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Tans for the form.  It is for Opoenreach and I have already tried them.  Apparently Openreach as a company are responsible for providing fibre to local cabinets.  BT are then responsible for providing fibre to the property even though BT contract the work to Openreach.  It took me two months contacting BT and Openreach weekly being told I did not have fibre near my property even though I had a pole at the end of my property with a nice large BT label telling me I had “fibre overhead”.  I finally managed to place an order with BT and it has now reached deadlock with BT saying that “for some reason” my orders (BT told me the first order was for the wrong type of installation) were being blocked. Wonderful company, wonderful communications, wonderful software.

i will contact them again tomorrow because I am fed up holding my breath waiting for a call from BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

if you are trying to get FTTP or FTTC then it openreach that are responsible for the cabling to your premises whether fibre for FTTP or copper for FTTC and not your ISP Bt Retail

can you enter your phone number or address and post results  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beckid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I ran your checker and it showed me what I already know, I have fibre installed at the edge of my property.  But it is BT who have to contact a fibre provider (usually Openreach) to run a fibre to my house.  Someone also installs a router supplied by BT.  My problem is that BT cannot seem to be able to set the installation up and no amount of complaining is getting me anywhere.

0 Ratings