cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redspelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Superfast Fibre Plus

I have recently changed over from Sky to BT Superfast with complete wifi on the proviso that BT said i could get minimum of 32 d/l - at the moment i can only get 19 d/l - engineer has been out today and stated that what i have is the best i am going to get and that i should never have been guaranteed the higher speeds as too far away from the exchange - very disappointed is not the word

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES
Highlighted
redspelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: Superfast Fibre Plus

DSL.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Hmm, engineer's view seems to be at odds with the checker.

Nothing to do with distance from the exchange in any case, it is the distance from the cabinet that determines speed.

Can you post the stats from your hub when connected to the test socket please.

redspelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

at work just now but ill do when I get home - he recommended I call Bt as they may have to upgrade the port in the exchange - I thought that was the whole point of him coming out today
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

Engineer speak with forked tongue!!

Message 6 of 19

@redspelly very occasionally the estimates can be wrong and in that instance you do have the option to cancel the contract without penalty if you're getting below the minimum guaranteed speed.

If you'd like us to look into this and see if there's any scope for improvement please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
redspelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

7A092455-70B8-4413-AF1B-967929292A42.jpegThese are the hub settings

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Can you post the screen at Advanced settings > technical log please? That will show further information.

redspelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

D387DE9A-403A-4115-AB51-2F6109BC71FD.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Hmm, there doesn't look to be much room for improvement there unfortunately. I suspect your line may be aluminium rather than copper. If you haven't already done so, I suggest you take up @NeilO 's offer.