cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 36

Re: Superfast Fibre Unlimited - Slow Evening Speeds

Perhap @JohnC2 can look at the performance monitors, if he still has access to them. Electrical interference would cause CRC errors, which would impact on throughput without affecting actual line speed.

CRC errors cannot be seen on the latest home hubs, but used to be visible from the BT end using Whoosh, but that was before I retired, so I expect things have changed now.

This can be worse when it gets dark, as you can get interference on the line from things like streetlights. plasma TVs, and light dimmers.

0 Ratings
rf82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 36

@Keith_BeddoeThanks for the suggestion. I can see CRC errors on my router. I don't have any just now.

I'll check again this evening when doing a speed test.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 36

@rf82 wrote:

@Keith_BeddoeThanks for the suggestion. I can see CRC errors on my router. I don't have any just now.

I'll check again this evening when doing a speed test.

Excellent, so you will be able to see if that is the cause.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 36

Hi @rf82, How has your connection been performing at peak times over the last few days? Are you still experiencing slow speeds? 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
rf82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 36

@JohnC2The past few evening I have run tests and it lookd to be working well now.

I'll continue to monitor but I'd say it is now resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 36

Hi @rf82 thanks for checking that and getting back to me. I've closed the case as resolved now and if you need any further help in the future do pop back to the community forum and we will be happy to help.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings