cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waffs
Message 1 of 3

Superfast broadband dropping out

Hi all, just a quick question to you all hoping that your knowledge will assist me.  I have super fast broadband unlimited which I find is excellent when the weather is good. However if it rains heavily my broadband drops out with a complete lack of signal and the router shows no signal by a colour change to orange. Once it stops raining heavily the broadband comes back up. Has anyone else experience of this and if so how did they manage to fix it. I have tried reporting to BT previously and they carried out an online test  but only to be told that there is no fault on the line.  Is it a question of reporting to BT again and asking for an engineer visit. Will I be charged? Thanks in advance for any help provided.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Superfast broadband dropping out

It would appear to be  a fault where the rain water must be getting in a joint/connection somewhere causing a poor connection.

You will need to pester BT again and get them to send out an engineer to investigate the problem.

You will get a warning that if the fault is with your equipment etc you will be charged a call out fee so it is worth checking what you can to ensure the problem is not on your property.

See link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/~/engineer-home-improvement-service-charges

0 Ratings
Waffs
Message 3 of 3

Re: Superfast broadband dropping out

Thanks "Distinguished Sage" I will have to pester them as you say as it definitely only happens when it rains. Cheeers.