Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandapoping
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Superfast broadband too slow

Go to solution

I am having issues with my Broadband speeds my hub tells me that my downstream sync is 41.41 but i should have an average speed of 50Mbps.

We recently switched back to BT as they called and told me that there had been improvements in my area and i can now get even faster broadband and at the same price i was currently paying. But we could tell straight away thyat this was not as fast as we were getting from our other provider. I have chatted with bt online and there is no problem with my line its says the signal from my hub is slow. its been reset and factory reset at the advise of BT customer service staff. 

I have been looking in the forum and a few of points seem relevant to my issues.

1 maybe my IP Profile is incorrect 

it seems to be limited to 40it seems to be limited to 40

2, is my hub set up correctly? it says BT infinity

and 3, Well i dont know what this is but i saw others use it so i have added it also...

BT2.png

Any ideas i dont want to pay for and engineer as i cant afford to waste £85. especially if he cant do anything.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 22

Re: Superfast broadband too slow

Go to solution

Hi @pandapoping 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry that your broadband speed is performing slower than what you were told and for the delay in a response to your conversation.  >> Which version of the Home Hub do you have? <<

Would you be able to post your Hub stats please so the Community can see how the service is currently performing?  I presume you either have the Hub 5 or the Smart Hub. 

To get the Hub stats on the Hub 5 access the Hub manager by typing (or pasting) 192.168.1.254 into your web browser and then choose advanced>troubleshooting>helpdesk

To get the Hub stats on the Smart Hub access the Hub manager by typing (or pasting) 192.168.1.254 into your web browser and then choose advanced>technical log

Please post a screenshot and we can move the conversation forward from there Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

pandapoping
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

hub.png

0 Ratings
pandapoping
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
Hi Robbie
Thank you for your reply I have a smart hub Type A
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Go to advanced settings then technical log information and post the stats you see there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pandapoping
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

is this enough i couldnt fit it on one screen shotis this enough i couldnt fit it on one screen shot

0 Ratings
pandapoping
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution
Is this the Correct information ? I would be great to fix this issue thanks dx
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution
Yes, that's correct. Have you tried connecting the Hub to the test socket to see if that improves the stats at all?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

yes that is the correct stats information

not sure where your 50mb you expect comes from but the dslchecker shows your estimated speed range 62/43mb and you could be anywhere in that range  your current connection speed is 42mb so you are just below the 43mb bottom of range but well above handback speed of 36mb

unfortunately you are on ECI cab so no speed boost from G.INP

are you using the test socket with filter to see if that helps speed?

any line noise   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pandapoping
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

hello again,

The package I pay for should have a minimum speed of 44 and should average around 50 so there is defeinately something wrong but no one seems able to fix it?.. 

But thank you for taking the time to give me the information you have

Your package overview Broadband
Superfast Fibre Unlimited
  • Unlimited usage
  • Average 50Mb download speed
  • Free access to over 5 million UK Wi-Fi hotspots
  • 2000GB secure online storage with BT Cloud
  • BT Parental Controls, BT Web Protect & BT Virus Protect for worry free browsing
0 Ratings