Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Superfast fibre 1 to superfast fibre 2 upgrade

Go to solution

I have renewed my broadband contract of super fast fibre 1 but have changed to super fast fibre 2.

The regrade order was due to be completed today 03/02/20. On the order tracking it did show complete on Friday 31/01/20.

I have checked my account and the router this morning and I still appear to be on the superfast 1 data rate on the router. My bt account shows my product as superfast fibre 2. 

I was assured on live chat help system that this regrade would have happened today.

I don't have image of router stats to hand but the maximum data rate sync speed matches up with the observed speed on dslchecker shown below. Data rate is unchanged and has remained at 55 Mbps.

It looks to me as if the regrade has not gone through. 

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: Superfast fibre 1 to superfast fibre 2 upgrade

Go to solution

@curtisuk 

Your line is not capable of supporting the faster rate, so there was no point in upgrading.

You are too far away from the cabinet.

curtisuk
Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

Why am i syncing at nearly 75 Mbps?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

@curtisuk wrote:

Why am i syncing at nearly 75 Mbps?

No idea, as the DSL checker shows a maximum rate of 57.4Mbs.

When you get the chance, can you post the full connection details from your home hub?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

There's nothing we can tell you until you've posted the router stats. Meanwhile you could contact them again.

0 Ratings
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

No problem, will post an image of the stats up from the hub later, I just don't have access to it right now. 

I'm no expert but I would say there is plenty of margin for improvement on my downstream connection. Can anyone advise if I am correct or not based on the stats from my hub below that I copied down this morning.

Max data rate  9202 / 76183

Data rate 9.2 Mbps / 55 Mbps

Noise margin 6.3 dB / 12.8 dB

Line attenuation 0 dB / 20.3 dB

Signal attenuation 0 dB / 20.3 db

In the meantime will try the normal BT help channels and see if I can get anywhere but I don't hold out much hope.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

I think you need to wait until tomorrow before drawing any conclusions, but something is odd, as the upstream max data rate is a lot less that it should be, based on your downstream rate, and is near what it should be, for your distance from the cabinet.

It could be that the home hub is reporting the wrong max data rate, so I would try restarting the home hub, and see if the results make more sense, especially the upstream line attenuation of 0dB.

Also try a factory reset of the BT home hub.

0 Ratings
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try a reset later to see if it eliminates any issues.

Just to note I also have an old hub 5 which I tried last week that gives pretty much the same stats.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Perhaps there is a data mismatch against your phone number?

As a matter of interest, have you made a check of your phone line to see if the number matches that which is on your bill?

Its not unknown for people who never use a landline phone, to actually have the wrong line connected to their house, without them realising it.

0 Ratings
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Landline number on account is correct, it works as expected.

Openreach engineer checking for non existent faults on a previous issue last month did comment that the line was a lot better than he expected it would be.

I do agree with you it seems strange the downstream looks to potentially perform a lot better than the upstream can.

0 Ratings