Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 28

Re: Superfast fibre 1 to superfast fibre 2 upgrade

Go to solution

Upstream performance does tend to drop off quite rapidly as distance increases, and the high frequency performance of the line deteriorates.

There is something odd, almost like you are connected to the wrong pair, or to a different cabinet owing to the incorrect information on the Openreach database.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

@curtisuk 

it is also odd that the dslchecker shows your down down connection at 73.82mb on 1/2/20 but your hub stats from this morning show connection 55mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

The 73.82 mb value is matching up with the max data rate on the router i.e. sync speed/max attainable. The 55 mb is the data rate. 

These speeds have been checked with a smart hub and a hub 5 and both devices give me the higher sync speed on the downstream and 55 mb data rate.

It is my understanding the observed speeds on dsl checker are showing the max attainable sync speeds.

Looking at this it indicates to me I'm still on the 55/10 superfast 1 wholesale product and not the 80/20 superfast 2 I was told would be activated today.

No reconnect of the router happened since the order was placed or overnight last night which happened on the last regrade of my fibre service.

I am 100% sure no regrade of my service occurred since my order and I have not been put onto the 80/20 superfast 2 service that has been ordered.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

The dslchecker results show the actual connection speed not the attainable so there is certainly something wrong with your line information as posted by @Keith_Beddoe 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

that comment contradicts an article you linked to in a post on 21/11/18 with regards to changes to dsl checker.

"Openreach are sharing observed speeds in the form of actual sync speeds in Mbps or Max attainable line rates in Mbps on capped lines"

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

To put it another way.

"The “sync” speed being reported is only looking at the wholesale side of a line (i.e. it will report the best “sync” for your line, which might not be the same as your current package)."

0 Ratings
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

Forgive me if I am not quite understanding this but if I am on the superfast 2 package then I would have thought I my data rate would be a lot closer to the reported sync rates as this should cap at 80 not 55, especially as there is some scope on the noise margin?

Later tonight I will reset and connect all the routers and spares I have and take screen shots of the stats.

Will this be enough to get a BT employee to look into this matter for me.

I have taken out the superfast fibre 2 package and the line has definitely not been regraded.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

@curtisuksee post 5. I think that explains it simple enough.

0 Ratings
curtisuk
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

Router stats from tonight from a smart hub and hub 5. Im sure i could dig out an old HG612 but I don't want to keep disconnecting my connection  and cause further issues.

smarthub.JPGHUB5.JPG

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

It certainly looks like you are still on superfast fibre 1. A mod should drop in tomorrow.

0 Ratings