cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasyk34
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Superfast fibre 1 unlimited download speed issues

I had just checked my router recently to view the download and upload speeds that the home hub was syncing at as we now have 2 xboxs in the house and children complaining about speeds.

My download speed is only currently syncing at 18Mbs which is way of what I should be getting and paying for. I realise that i will not get the full adverstised speed, however I do remember it syncing previously at high 20's - low 30's Mb.

None of the wiring has been changed and I am still using the same hub.

I have tried all of the BT tests online but none of them helped to improve the speeds. Any ideas ?

Thanks
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Superfast fibre 1 unlimited download speed issues

Can you post your router stats and the predicted  speed for your phone number at
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ ....( don't forget to obscure you number when posting)
Are you connected at the master socket test port ?, if not can you try your router plugged in there and compare the router stats there to those you have already looked at....whilst at the test port, try dialing 17070 and take the quiet line test, any discernible noise on the line ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

To get some idea of your actual connection speeds, can you please post them here.

Router Stats
The information contained within your router management pages can really help others diagnose technical issues. To post these stats, open up a web browser and type 192.168.1.254 or BThomehub.home. Navigate to the 'Troubleshooting' Tab and then click on 'Helpdesk', you will then need to enter the admin password which can be found on the sticker on the back of BT Home Hub 4 and 5. BT Home hub 3 will have the sticker on the underside of the router.

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

0 Ratings
jasyk34
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Here are the details from broadband checker

sketch-1546097327557.png

Here are the screenshots from my hub technical log.

Screenshot_2018-12-29-15-31-36-635_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Screenshot_2018-12-29-15-31-42-976_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Screenshot_2018-12-29-15-31-53-391_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Screenshot_2018-12-29-15-32-07-753_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Please let me know if you require anything else.

Thanks

0 Ratings
jasyk34
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Iniltous, in reply to your message I can confirm that I am connected to the master socket

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

@jasyk34

can you connect to test socket with a filter and repost your hh6 stats  currently you attainable never mind you actual speed is lower that estimated range

test-socket-thumb.jpgtest socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jasyk34
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

@imjollywrote:

@jasyk34

can you connect to test socket with a filter and repost your hh6 stats  currently you attainable never mind you actual speed is lower that estimated range

test-socket-thumb.jpgtest socket.jpg

I don't have a test socket as my socket is not like that. I have an ordinary telephone socket with a microfilter inserted into the socket.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 15

While connected to the test socket checkfor line noise on 17070 option 2. Best with corded phone. Any noise report a line fault on 151, don't mention broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

do you only have the 1 socket in your home?  are you using the first socket where the openreach line comes in from outside?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jasyk34
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

@imjollywrote:

do you only have the 1 socket in your home?  are you using the first socket where the openreach line comes in from outside?

Yes, I only have one socket in my house.

0 Ratings