cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Superfast fibre 1 unlimited download speed issues

Did you try the quiet line test requested?

are you using a phone extension cable to connect hub to your phone socket?  Have you tried changing the filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jasyk34
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

@imjollywrote:

Did you try the quiet line test requested?

are you using a phone extension cable to connect hub to your phone socket?  Have you tried changing the filter?

I don't have a test socket but I did try the test and there was no noise on the line.  My hub of right beside the socket so I am just using the cable that came with the hub. I haven't tried changing the filter. I wonder if getting the socket replaced with one with a built in filter would help ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

What does your master socket look like?

Master socket with one socket

Does your phone line come from a pole, or underground?

Are there any other phone connection boxes in your house?

Changing for a filtered socket is unlikely to make much difference, if there is no other phone wiring in the house.

0 Ratings
jasyk34
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Changing for a filtered socket is unlikely to make much difference, if there is no other phone wiring in the house.

My phone socket looks like the one at the end on the right ( number 4) and phone line comes from underground. I don't have any other sockets in the house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

@jasyk34 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

My phone socket looks like the one at the end on the right ( number 4) and phone line comes from underground. I don't have any other sockets in the house.

It may be worth carefully checking behind that socket to check that there is only a single pair of wires connected to it and there is no evidence of damp or corrosion..

There should normally be plenty of spare cable to allow you to look behind the socket.

There will probably be one other spare pair of wires coiled up, but they should be insulated, with no bare ends showing, The master socket should look like this.

insidemaster.jpg

The working pair of wires, should be on connections 2 and 5, and there should be no other wires connected.

0 Ratings