Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Swapped to BT - Terrible Speed

Go to solution
Sky use their own backhaul from the exchange where all others use the BT Wholesale network this problem will be being investigated by BT Wholesale not Openreach as it is not an Openreach or BT Retail remit to resolve

Wholesale will be working on a fix but depending on the fix this can sometimes take some time to resolve
0 Ratings
ithebebs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
Ah. I wasn't aware that Sky used their own backhaul connection and apparently neither do BT online support as they stated that I must have had the issue with Sky as they all use the same backbone... That would make much more sense and almost certainly point towards that as being the issue.

My only issue now is that no-one can give me a resolution date so it is a question of do I hang on paying for an unuseable service or find a way to exit the contract. If they cannot provide a resolution date and release me from the contract I think a call to OFCOM will be in order.

It just shouldn't take this much effort and consternation to obtain a reliable service.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
OFCOM do not get involved in individual complaints

only BT Wholesale will be aware of a fix date and that depends on the complexity of the fix

getting released with no charge may be difficult as it is connection (sync ) speeds that are used not download speeds as they can constantly vary
0 Ratings
ithebebs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
I know OFCOM don't deal but they provide you with details of an arbitrator and although BT may state they operate on line speed they have signed up to the voluntary code which talks about significantly reduced download speeds...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
correct you need to give BT time to resolve the problem and to obtain a deadlock letter from BT you need to give them 8 weeks which you can then send to the communications ombudsman
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

HI @ithebebs,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm really glad I was able to get this sorted for you. Please post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings